AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schematic Icon Wizard

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
MTaylorICC
587 Views, 1 Reply

Schematic Icon Wizard

I'm in the process of adding a database to Autocad Electrical 2015. I am currently having difficulties adding the schematic symbol to my drawing. Right now I'm at a point where I can add the panel footprint through the icon menu(using the wd_infpx command) and I can then add a schematic symbol by using the insert component via panel list. I cannot figure out how to do the same in reverse. I've got 60 different schematic symbols, so adding each block to the icon menu is really not how I would like to accomplish this. Is there possibly a command similar to the wd_infpx command but for schematic symbols, basically pointing to the my custom table and choosing a schematic symbol based off of catalog information.  Multiple catalog numbers share the same schematic footprint.

Thank you,

Matt Taylor

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
rhesusminus
in reply to: MTaylorICC

Hi.

If I understand you correctly, you want to browser the catalog, select the component you were looking for, and insert the correct schematic symbol into the drawing?

This is exactly what the  new Catalog Browser in AcadE 2015 is built to do.

Edit your database in the catalog browser (the little pencil-icon on the right side), and insert the appropriate block names in the SYMBOL2D field. To have multiple catalognumbers attached to the same footprint havea look at the assembly code option, or maybe adding mfg01/cat01 attributes to your symbol, and populate these via the TEXTVALUES field.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost