AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schematic Icon Menu File Path

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
937 Views, 2 Replies

Schematic Icon Menu File Path

Is there anyway I can find the path to the Schematic Icon Menu File? It shows the name of the file but when I search it its not found?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Icemanau
in reply to: Anonymous

It depends on what OS you are using and what release of ACADE. The location changes depending on those factors.

Easiest way to find the path or file is to get the name from the Project Properties under the appropriate entry and do a search for it.

For a OOTB install with no network locations try the following.

Win XP - use the provided search tool.

Win 7 - open Windows Explorer and go to your C: drive, then type the file name in the search box near the top right corner. Repeat for other drives if required until you find the location.

Win 8 - I'm not sure how to do a file search in this OS, but it may be the same as Win 7

For a networked system, do the above and if that does not find the file, try searching the network locations.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
rhesusminus
in reply to: Anonymous

A really quick way to do this, is to type this on the command line, and press enter:

(c:ace_find_file "FILENAME.DAT" nil)

You will of course have to swap FILENAME.DAT with the name of your icon menu file 🙂

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost