AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schematic Blocks

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
RobIAE
617 Views, 1 Reply

Schematic Blocks

I'm a newbie and just wanted to make sure I just didn't miss things when I installed AE. I was a little surprised by the fact that the schematic components in the Libs are limited to simple base components - CBs, fuses, relays, etc.

There is no library of power supplies, surge suppressors, etc? I assume I will be building these using the black box utility?

Also the "Insert PLC module" function is limited to I/O, correct? No CPU or communication modules?

I'm pretty sure I did a full install - just wanted to verify that there aren't some libraries out there that I missed.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
MartinLee
in reply to: RobIAE

As far as I know, you are correct on all three points. Depending upon which PLC you are using, you will have to make your own symbols. I've had to make symbols for my CPUs, Ehternet Cards, and in some cases, power supplies. These are not parametric build, just plain ACE symbols with wire connections if needed. The names start with PLCIO so that the catalog lookup dialog appears the same as the parametric build symbols.

Since I have my own custon symbol library, I don't keep up with what comes with the JIC or IEC set. It would be quite a task for Autodesk to include symbols for every electrical/electronic device available world-wide. Plus with new devices appearing almost everyday it would be an even bigger task to keep up with that. So we have to make our own from time to time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost