AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scaling ABECAD components

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
rta53
301 Views, 4 Replies

Scaling ABECAD components

I have successfully inserted panel components such as pilot lights and push buttons on my front panel layout without any problem. I actually use the enclosure drawing from Hoffman and everything is scaled properly. However when I try to insert components onto the back panel using ABECAD they are scaled much too large. How do I fix this?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
testsubject
in reply to: rta53

You need to rescale those parts. They were probably drawn in metric. Save them to your hard drive and rescale to Standard (ft,in)

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 3 of 5
rta53

The blocks are in metric. How do I rescale?
Message 4 of 5
rta53

ok, I figured out one way to do this. I use the scale command and type a reference number and then a scale number. For example, when I bring in a 6 mm terminal block I use 6 as the reference number and then .236 as the scale number which is the decimal inch equivalent of 6 mm. Is there a better way of doing this?
Message 5 of 5
testsubject

That is the only way I know how to scale a part. I would suggest that you do the original .dwg so that you do not have to scale it every time you use that part. I usually use 25.4:1 for my scaling. 25.4 mm=1 inch.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost