AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scale Attributes on Panel Drawings

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Aaron.Warnke
524 Views, 4 Replies

Scale Attributes on Panel Drawings

Hello,

I've been using layout1 for my panel drawings and have been scaling the view port to fit everything in the drawing. However, when the panel is big, the text is of course small. I've been trying to work with annotative attributes with mixed results. It seems to scale text fine, but when the I have multiple lines of attributes, text tends to overlap. Does anyone have any suggestion on how to do this?

Your suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks! Edited by: Aaron.Warnke on Jan 25, 2010 8:39 PM
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I am new to AutoCAD Electrical 2011 and i am having the same problem. In one case, i have a cabinet that's is 6ft x 4ft x 24in. I placed everything, except title block, in the model space. Before ACE I would just use annotative text for everything so my diff layouts would be readable. The only way i could think of doing that now would be to edit every library item and set them to annotative but i would still end up with overlapping like Aaron mentioned. Also if i just increase the scale of the text/balloons then they would be the wrong size elsewhere. Does anyone else deal with large enclosures? And how do they manage various layouts/views? Any help would be appreciated.
Message 3 of 5
testsubject
in reply to: RandyLyne6259

What I have done in the past is use multiple files to show the various views of the large panel. The primary drawing would give the basic dimensions and all the other drawings would be zoomed-in views of different parts of the cabinet. The primary drawing would hold the actual part with everything dimensioned and then I xref ithis file into all the other files representing different views. To help with clarity, I put the dimensions on different layers and then turn off the ones I do not want to show in the auxilliary files.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 4 of 5
RandyLyne6259
in reply to: testsubject

That doesnt seem to change the problem. i can just use a different layout (paper space) to zoom in or out. i would like the have the p_tag1 displayed so its readable in the different views. If you have ever used annotative text then it will auto adjust its model size based on the papersize value you set. when your in your layout all you do is set the annotative scale of the page. this way if your zoomed in or to extents, the text on the page is always the same. you can also set different locations for the text based on the scale used.

I got an idea to try and insert fields that link to the symbols p_tag1. the fields can be set to annotative. the downside is i would have to create on for every item and it still doesnt solve my problem with the balloons. i guess i could only show the balloons on one layout and hide them on the rest.

Message 5 of 5
testsubject
in reply to: RandyLyne6259

I see what you're saying. I just did not try to have the text scale. For example, I would have Drawing B zoomed in to show the upper part of the panel and Drawing C zoomed to show the lower part of the panel.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost