AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving To and Reading 2010 versions via 2013-e

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
dstults-icm
412 Views, 2 Replies

Saving To and Reading 2010 versions via 2013-e

I was recently upgraded to ACAD 2013 Electrical and as per our practice I set the SAVEAS value to 2010 versions. We have several users who are not running the Electrical package and are using either ACAD 2012 or ACAD LT 2012.

When any of these users try to open a file I've saved (as ver 2010 but using 2013) they get the "incompatible version" error message and can't open the file.

We also have one other user who is running ACAD 2012 Electrical. He is able to open the 2010 versions from me without any problems.

Is ACAD-E the problem here and if so, does anybody have a solution? I've seen the solution which requires running a script to resolve a similar problem elsewhere on this site? I'd rather have something a bit more elegant as this is something that shouldn't require a workaround. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Tee.Dee
in reply to: dstults-icm

Hi,

I have had a couple of files that have behaved like this, the way around it has been to File >Save As... and save the file as 2010 then it seems to save it as 2010 from then onwards as long as the Save As value is still set to 2010 in the options menu.

Message 3 of 3
lionSG
in reply to: Tee.Dee

You can try using the DWG TrueView software to sort and convert the different dwg format you want.

Think it free too.

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost