AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save Circuit to Icon Menu in 2011

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
david_brude
649 Views, 5 Replies

Save Circuit to Icon Menu in 2011

I having a problem with save circuit to icon menu in ACE2011.

When prompted for base point I type in 0,0 and the circuit saves okay.

But when I go to insert the circuit the base point in the saved circuit drawing is shifted.

When I open the circ#.dwg and check the base, it is not 0,0.

This appears to be a bug.

Regards

David

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Do you have the update installed?  I just created 7 circuits and they insert at 0,0 just fine.  I have the 2011 update installed.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 6

Doug,

I have installed one update. Is there a later one?

I have ACE2011 version 2.1

Regards,

David

Message 4 of 6

That's the version I have but I cannot reproduce the issue you are having.  This i a long shot but do you have any running osnaps set?

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Message 5 of 6

Doug,

That's a good question. As a matter fact I do have running Osnap turned on with Endpoint, Center and Node selected. But I do not digitize the insertion point, but typed it in at command line, 0,0. I did check the orignal drawing and the base was set for 0,0.

The base of cicruit drawing was saved as 0.3330,0.01666,0.0000

I decided to test the running Osnap suggestion and it does make or break the insertion point.

With object snap turned on the command line entry of 0,0 is ignored and the same 0.3330,0.01666,0.0000 reference is placed in the base point.

With object snap turned off the base point reflects the typed values.

In both cases I'm entering the values from the command line.

I wouldn't expect this result but that was a good suggestion.

I'll mark this is a resolution but it really shouldn't work this way in my opinion.

Your help is much appreciated.

Regards,

David Brude

Message 6 of 6

I always suggest to never use running osnaps with AcadE unless you are drafting a new symbol; but turn them off immediately after saving the symbol.  Especially keep osnaps off when working on schematic pages.  If a snap is needed for a special circumstance, use shift-right-click to pick as needed.  Other ECAD programs that use the AutoCAD engine turn off any commands that they do not control and which could cause a problem.  That's how they avoid such issues.

Doug McAlexander

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost