AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
394 Views, 1 Reply

Save AS

I'm using AutoCad Electrical 2011 and trying to save my drawings as 2004 format.  Not only does this NOT work, but I get the following error message:  One or more objects in this drawing cannot be saved to the specified format.  The operation was not accomplished and no file was created.

I also do not have access in the 'Save As' drop down to select anything older that 2004

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Anonymous

This is due to newer features in later versions that require the newer drafting engine format.  The older drafting engines will not be able to properly interpret drawings made with newer versions.  At some point you have to upgrade if you want to keep up.  I have panel shops who have version 2000 and want the drawings sent electronically.  I can send them DXF or PDF and they can view them.  But if they want the drawings in AutoCAD Electrical format with all intelligence, they will need a version of AutoCAD Electrical that is up-to-date enough to interpret the data.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost