AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotate or flip while maintaining Attribute orientations

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kc8akw
1240 Views, 3 Replies

Rotate or flip while maintaining Attribute orientations

I am lookinng for a way of effectively mirroring schematic symbols that adjusts the Wire Connection attributes.  In other words, if I mirror a vertical, 2 terminal, device the X2 terminal will now be X8 and X8 will be X2.  Specifically, we are trying to use limit switches that come in with the pivot pointing down when we really want it pointing up.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Icemanau
in reply to: kc8akw

If the device is for connection on two wire only and the connections are inline, you are in luck.

There should be a command when you right click on a symbol to reverse/flip the symbol.

In ACADE2008, there is a checkbox in this command to only change the graphics. Make sure you select this option if it is available. Now click on the required limit switch symbols and they will revers the graphics only. This means that any attributes wont change position if you have moved them for clarity.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Message 3 of 4
kc8akw
in reply to: Icemanau

I found the same command from the menu earlier.  Unfortunatly, as the attached graphic shows, X8TERM02 is at the top of the symbol and X2TERM01 is at the bottom.  I have been dealing with quite a number of schematics whetre someone else has rotated and mirrored symbols and the results are, well, interesting when it comes to routing wires.  Are we sure that wires will approach according to the orientation of the symbol and not according to the orientation of the drawing?

Message 4 of 4
Icemanau
in reply to: kc8akw

If you have a symbol that has been flipped or rotated like in your jpg, just reverse it and then use the flip command making sure to select the box for GRAPHICS ONLY.

The attributes for the wire connections are coded to enter the symbol from specific directions. That is something that Autodesk set up fairly early in the Electrical addons.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost