AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right click context menu problem

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
martin.rule
1858 Views, 7 Replies

Right click context menu problem

increasingly, whenever I use the right click context menu to perform electrical tasks such as edit component or scoot or surf etc I find the plain AutoCAD right click menu popping up instead. An additional right click will usually bring up the electrical menu but this is annoying. Can anyone give any clues as to why this is happening and why it seems to have started recently?

MR
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
vladop
in reply to: martin.rule

I asked the same question in

http://discussion.autodesk.com/adskcsp/thread.jspa?threadID=668136

but get no answer.
Message 3 of 8
martin.rule

Except in my case the plain AutoCAD right click menu appears before I am able to take any action, whereas in your case you take the action and then the AutoCAD menu gets in the way.

Can an AutoDesk person give us a clue as to what is happening here - is it us or you?

MR
Message 4 of 8

There were some issues in earlier releases where the regular Acad context
menu would appear the first time you tried to edit something after starting
AcadE. But this happens rarely anymore, as long as you are clearly over an
electrical component or a wire. Be sure when you right click that your
cursor is over an electrical entity. This is what triggers whether or not
you are editing a component, a wire, etc. and brings up the appropriate
right-click options. If your cursor is not over an electrical entity you
will get the standard Acad context menu.

wrote in message news:5976966@discussion.autodesk.com...
Except in my case the plain AutoCAD right click menu appears before I am
able to take any action, whereas in your case you take the action and then
the AutoCAD menu gets in the way.

Can an AutoDesk person give us a clue as to what is happening here - is it
us or you?

MR

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 5 of 8
vladop

I have a problem with right click context menu (OS XP). It doesn't show electrical commands.

This line from c:\program files\autodesk\acade 20xx\acade\wd_load.lsp:

(vlr-mouse-Reactor nil '((:vlr-beginRightClick . wd_checkRClick)))

solves the problem.

How can I make this reactor permanent.

I tried with acad.lsp and wd.env.

Regard,

Vladimir 

Message 6 of 8
acade2012

I realize that this is an old tread but I was having the same issue.

My issue started mid day for no apperent reason

By typing in the command line

(vlr-mouse-Reactor nil '((:vlr-beginRightClick . wd_checkRClick)))

the right click edit component started working again

I have that line in the wd_load.lsp the LSP routine loads but the command line doesnt seem to work

I put that line into my ACAD.lsp and the issue was solved

anyone know why it wouldn't work in the WD_LOAD.LSP but it works in the ACAD.LSP

Both files are loaded through the startup suite.

Thanks

Dennis

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: dougmcalexander

Either you aren't aware of how much this happens or you are straight up misleading us.  now I agree that it wasn't that bad in AE2017 and earlier but in AE2019 it is just ridiculous. This right click issue is physically happening every single time I right click on AYTHING. it doesn't matter if its a component, wire, wire #.. it doesn't matter what I select or how I select it. I can grip the component, wire or whatever and the Acad quick menu shows every single time and have to cancel it to get the component dialogue box to appear. Is there a fix to this or do I have to just start thinking about abandoning this program? Because after using this program since AE2012 it seems like it is going backwards on the programming side.

thanks

Message 8 of 8
Icemanau
in reply to: Anonymous

First of all, the post you replied to is about 6 years old and likely hasn't been read in over 5 years apart from the occasional search. It would have been better to post this in a new message as there is a world of difference between the different releases.

Now some questions to try and pin down the cause of your problem.

In the ACAD Options on the User Preferences tab, what are the Right Click Customisations set to?

If the Time Sensitive Right Click is enabled, have you tried increasing the time before the shortcut menu comes up?

Have you tried entering AEONRIGHTCLICKCONTEXTMENU on the command line? This should turn the Marking Menu on.

What is the setting for the AEMM option as this could also be causing problems? Three should be the default here...

NOTE,- both of these commands are dwg based rathe than program based. That means that while they will work on one dwg, they will not work on all dwgs and will need to be set on each dwg. I suggest setting them on your template dwg so that any new dwgs going forward have these set correctly.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost