AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ribbon icons all turned to question mark clouds

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
hades01
11969 Views, 10 Replies

Ribbon icons all turned to question mark clouds

We have multiple user accounts on Win 7 running acade electrical 2012.  one of the users was using it and managed to do this to his machine: (see attachments)

All the icons on his ribbon turned into question marks with clouds.  it's also missing a home tab.

any help would be appreciated.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Icemanau
in reply to: hades01

They have either deleted the support directories or changed/deleted all the path settings in ACADE.

To check, go to the ACADE options and in the Files tabs, check the different directories against a good machine.

If they are missing or wrong, edit them so they are correct.

If the support directories have been deleted, do a repair of the install. This should replace any missing directories and files.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Message 3 of 11
hades01
in reply to: Icemanau

All the support directories are the same.  that cloud ? problem only happens on that one user account on that one computer.

Is there a way to do a repair/install on just that one account without destroying the settings of the other users?

Message 4 of 11
mathalekar

Primarily it looks like ACADE.cuix is not loaded properly. Please try to use CUILOAD command to invoke ribbon CUI file. Unload the existing file, then click on browse and select ACADE.cuix file. Click on Load to reload the electrical ribbon.

Message 5 of 11
hades01
in reply to: mathalekar

I tried using cuiload/unload mulitple times already to get it to come up.  loading acad.cuix seems to be OK, so i thought maybe the acade.cuix file was corrupted, so i tried taking a working acade.cuix from another user account from that computer and replacing the corrupted one.  It still shows up with the cloud question marks.  (even without replacing the file, i tried loading a different acade.cuix from a different location and it still shows the question marks).

Message 6 of 11
Icemanau

Each user has a seperate profile on the computer. This also includes ACADE settings. Check the support paths in ACADE for the user that is having problems. If that fails, the user may have to recreate their profile.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Message 7 of 11
JackStock8343
in reply to: Icemanau

Fixing the Pointer in the "OPTIONS" under "TOOLS" to the " jic125" file fixed it

Message 8 of 11
Sharpie37
in reply to: JackStock8343

Hi Jack,

I'm having the same issue.Can you explain how you fixed it in more detail. You lost me at "TOOLS".

I'm using AutoCAD Electrical 2012 on Windows 7 x64.

Message 9 of 11
Sharpie37
in reply to: Sharpie37

Arg, I checked all of my "options" folders against a coworker's folders, and found that I'd changed one by accident. That fixed it.

Message 10 of 11
emelizab

I just tried to unload acade.cuix and reload it.  Only thing is, in my program it is acad.cuix--no "e" on the end of "acad"  could this be the reason the icons come in as question marks in clouds.  Also when I pick on the icon folder there is nothing in it.

Message 11 of 11
mgalicki
in reply to: Sharpie37

Hey Sharpie, which one was it that helped you?

I have the same issue

Everything in existence was first an Idea
Autodesk Plant 3D Premium 2019
Autodesk MEP 2019
HP 3.2 Ghz CPU 16 ram
1TB 7200 rpm SATA 6Gb/s hard drive
2GB DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680ti
HP 2311x 23" LED Monitor

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost