AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ribbon CUI icons replaced with Clouds with a "?"

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
aaronk
550 Views, 2 Replies

Ribbon CUI icons replaced with Clouds with a "?"

Hey there. This issue is a recurring one for me, this is the third time I have had it now. The first time I was able to fix it by restoring the ELECTRICAL cui found when you run the command CUI.

Step by step what I did this morning that resulted in the loss of autocad electrical functionality.

I run ACADE with the wd.env file on a network and its set up for multi-user. Only two machines run it. 

1) start ACADE on the computer, not connected to the network. Pops up with the WD.ENV file not found, click ok, then it prompts me to browse for it, I cancel the browse and then click okay to the half dozen errors that pop up and go about my quick business of printing a drawing. 

2)closed and re-opened ACADE, error pops up, same procedure - cancel/ok/ok.... then I right click on the command line and open the options. Under the Files Tab,-> Support File Search Path I re-add the search path to my WD.ENV file. 

3)Close and re-open ACADE expecting the error to have remedied itself. Opens up with the ribbon bar being replaced with Clouds with ? marks only for the autocad electrical functions. Deleted my newly added support file search path but the damage had been done. 

What I've done already to try and fix this after browsing forum posts:

- CMD CUI right click electrical, restore ACADE.CUIX. This didnt work. oddly enough the first time this happened to me that did the trick. Twice since it hasnt worked.

-CMD CUILOAD, unload electrical, load electrical. No help.

-Repair Installation, no help, then redid the above to the same avail. 

I never fixed the issue after the second time, i just got a new computer instead. I tried contacting imaginit, my local distributer but my contact no longer works there and the other guy never got back to me, now my support contract is expired and i'm here.

Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Wheelie22
in reply to: aaronk

Did you try to RE-load the ACADE profile or your favorite 1 ?

I only have these clouds with buttons I made with ACADE icons, on other PC's, but CUI is on the network.

Message 3 of 3
daniele.v
in reply to: aaronk

Hi,

I solved adding these two folders to the "Support File Search Path" in Options -> Files

Clouds.png

I hope this could be helpful, I am on Autocad Architecture, probably you'll need to change the part "aca" with your product name

Cheers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost