AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rev clouds

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
308 Views, 5 Replies

rev clouds

Is there a way to search for all Rev Clouds in a Project?  For example a project may have 100 pages of dwgs and a command that runs through all the dwgs and searches for rev clouds would be helpful.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ccad2509
in reply to: Anonymous

it can be done but probalbly not in your current project

if you have used the revcloud command then you have created a polyline

now what i do is i have a layer called "info"  colour magenta and the layer is set not to print 

i put text notes and revclouds on this layer that does not print when i generate a PDF etc

if you go to here

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Electrical-General/How-to-list-all-the-layers-that-are-used-in...

i talk about the data extraction wizard

i can cofigure this to produce a list of polylines on layer "info" with a page referance(which can only be a revcloud in my setup)

you can try to use this in your current setup it might point you to the right pages but what i would do at this late date is just pdf the page and use the acrobat mark up tools to quickly stamp the pages with a revcloud you can then jump to these pages in the pdf and use this as a quick referance guide

Message 3 of 6
dougmcalexander

Another option, which can be surfed with Electrical Surf, is to insert Stand-alone Crossreference sources on an index page and insert matching destinations throughout the project where the revisions are located.  You can surf to and from the revisions by surfing the Stand-alone Crossreferences.  See attached example.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 4 of 6
jalger

Hi Glocked1,

You could try using the DWF's, then clients or other people from your company can markup the Drawings as they see fit, and use the markup manger built into AutoCAD to overlay the DWF's requirements (The Rev Clouds, notes, Doodles that you want to convey).  You can Bring up the Markup Sheet manger with "CTRL + 7".

It won't help you with this project unfortunately, but it could help you in the future.

As the DWF manager lists all marks on the drawing letting you pick and choose what you want to do in the order you want (or Send Questions back for Clarification on a copy of the DWF). its a nice way to keep track of pending changes, completed changes, and changes you have rejected.

I hope this helps,

James Alger

James Alger
(I'm on several hundred posts as "algerj")

Work:
Dell Precision 5530 (Xeon E 2176M)
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro P2000, Win10
Message 5 of 6
jalger

One other thing you could use:

Mark/Verify Drawings (This is an ACADE Command)

Mark sets a point and records all changes made to the drawing from that point.

Verify lets you Review all the changes that were made (It can capture regular AutoCAD Commands, deletes, etc) you can surf to the changes after that,

I hope this helps,

James Alger

James Alger
(I'm on several hundred posts as "algerj")

Work:
Dell Precision 5530 (Xeon E 2176M)
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro P2000, Win10
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: jalger

Thanks, but I was thinking more along the lines of using VBA to somehow find them.  Problem is I am not much of a coder so would need the code and then paste it in the module within VBAIDE.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost