AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retagging wiretags multi line and single line tags end up with same tag number

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Flapsie
346 Views, 4 Replies

Retagging wiretags multi line and single line tags end up with same tag number

Retagging wiretags multi line and single line tags end up with same tag number (ACADE 2014 bug)

When I use the retag function (does not matter what type of retag - pick, drawing, project) the wiretags sometimes end up the same on single line and multi line wiretags. Tried to manually set them all to different tags, but when I then do a retag they get tagged to equal values again.

Any idea of a workaround on this issue ?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Flapsie
in reply to: Flapsie

It seems to work now if I use Active drawing (pick) and choose all drawing except the titlefield... go figure... 😉

Message 3 of 5
PatMurnen_Adsk

I have not see any reports of this. I would like to see if I can reproduce what you are describing. Can you send me a project and drawings along with the steps to reproduce? Maybe even add some notes on the drawings showing the duplicated tags. You can send it to pat.murnen@autodesk.com if you would rather not post drawings on the discussion forum.

Regards,

Pat Murnen

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 5
Flapsie
in reply to: PatMurnen_Adsk

I seem to have fixed it now, I believe it was the fact that one line components had "-1" value of WDTYPE attribute and when I removed that they updated correctly... I will see if I can find a project I can send you that the issue is still on...

Message 5 of 5
PatMurnen_Adsk

The WDTYPE "-1" is what identifies a component as a 1-line. So removing it will indicate to AutoCAD Electrical that it is a regular schematic component. A 1-line component will carry the same tag as its regular schematic component representation. So if they were related to each other and then you retag they will retain the same tag value, indicating they are related and represent the same device.

Regards,

Pat Murnen

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost