AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
245 Views, 2 Replies

retag

Hi All, Does Autocad Electrical retag components panel inserted in schematic and layout panel drawing??? How can I link a terminal (DN-T12 from PLC-DIRECT by Autocad Electrical Library) and his correspondent symbol in Schematic Drawing??? Thanks Paulo Pirola
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

The current version of AutoCAD Electrical does not establish a bi-directional update path between schematic terminals and panel layout terminal representations. It DOES create a bi-directional link between non-terminal schematic components and their corresponding panel layout representations (ex: relays, pilot lights, solenoids, pushbuttons, selector switches, circuit breakers.... but not terminals(!). The link between components is done by a match on the schematic component TAG1 attribute and the panel layout P_TAG1 attribute (plus the INST and LOC attribute value match-ups if the "IEC tagging mode" is turned "ON"). Updating the tag value or the catalog part number assignment on a panel layout component should prompt you for permission to scan the project and update the parent schematic component and vice versa. But, again, this bi-directional update is not currently supported for terminals. Sorry! Nate. "Paulo R. Pirola" wrote in message news:404a1999_3@newsprd01... > Hi All, > > Does Autocad Electrical retag components panel inserted in schematic and > layout panel drawing??? > How can I link a terminal (DN-T12 from PLC-DIRECT by Autocad Electrical > Library) and his correspondent symbol in Schematic Drawing??? > > Thanks > > Paulo Pirola > >
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Nate, I know about the Autocad Electrical 2005 version is coming soon... Do you know if this feature was add now? Sorry by the insistence, but this information is really important for me... Regards "Nate Holt (Autodesk)" escreveu na mensagem news:404a4f51$1_1@newsprd01... > The current version of AutoCAD Electrical does not establish a > bi-directional update path between schematic terminals and panel layout > terminal representations. It DOES create a bi-directional link between > non-terminal schematic components and their corresponding panel layout > representations (ex: relays, pilot lights, solenoids, pushbuttons, selector > switches, circuit breakers.... but not terminals(!). The link between > components is done by a match on the schematic component TAG1 attribute and > the panel layout P_TAG1 attribute (plus the INST and LOC attribute value > match-ups if the "IEC tagging mode" is turned "ON"). Updating the tag value > or the catalog part number assignment on a panel layout component should > prompt you for permission to scan the project and update the parent > schematic component and vice versa. But, again, this bi-directional update > is not currently supported for terminals. Sorry! > > Nate. > > > "Paulo R. Pirola" wrote in message > news:404a1999_3@newsprd01... > > Hi All, > > > > Does Autocad Electrical retag components panel inserted in schematic and > > layout panel drawing??? > > How can I link a terminal (DN-T12 from PLC-DIRECT by Autocad Electrical > > Library) and his correspondent symbol in Schematic Drawing??? > > > > Thanks > > > > Paulo Pirola > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost