AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retag Update

19 REPLIES 19
Message 1 of 20
chein153
1996 Views, 19 Replies

Retag Update

I am having a problem using the update/retag function.
In my original drawing something changed, at the beginning of my day I could do a project wide update/retag but at the end of my day and the next day it would start but never finish.
Also when I update/retag one signal arrow it will take several minutes and sometimes not work, where before it would not take long at all.

I have tried several things but have run out of thoughts.
drawing audit
recover
electrical audit

Lastly I copied everything into a new drawing and try it there. it is giving me an error of:
**** ALERT MSG HERE (wdwnet.lsp) - Xrecord hdl ptr mismatch with terminal
hdl:2FEE8, term hdl=FBC3

It continues with more of the same.
Then it finishes and works, but very slow.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advanced,

Chris
19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
in reply to: chein153

You might try deleting the project's scratch database. Exit AutoCAD
Electrical. Go to your user folder and find the .mdb file that has the same
name as the project and delete it. Then restart AutoCAD Electrical. The
project's scratch database is recreated.

If that doesn't resolve the issue if the project isn't too large, zip it up
and send to me at pat.murnen@autodesk.com. I can take a look at it and see
if I can reproduce the issue and track down the cause. If you can narrow
down if it is a particular drawing then just send the .wdp file and the
drawing.

Pat Murnen

wrote in message news:6366964@discussion.autodesk.com...
I am having a problem using the update/retag function.
In my original drawing something changed, at the beginning of my day I could
do a project wide update/retag but at the end of my day and the next day it
would start but never finish.
Also when I update/retag one signal arrow it will take several minutes and
sometimes not work, where before it would not take long at all.

I have tried several things but have run out of thoughts.
drawing audit
recover
electrical audit

Lastly I copied everything into a new drawing and try it there. it is giving
me an error of:
**** ALERT MSG HERE (wdwnet.lsp) - Xrecord hdl ptr mismatch with terminal
hdl:2FEE8, term hdl=FBC3

It continues with more of the same.
Then it finishes and works, but very slow.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advanced,

Chris
Message 3 of 20
cashea

I am receiving the same error when attempting to renumber wires on a specific drawing.

Message 4 of 20
PatMurnen_Adsk
in reply to: cashea

Did you try the Drawing Audit (DWG Audit on Reports tab > Schematic panel)? This can fix many wire related issues on a drawing. If that doesn't solve the issue, you can send the drawing to me at pat.murnen@autodesk.com.  I can take a look at it. Make sure to include what version of AcadE and what command and any options on any dialogs so I can reproduce what you are doing.

Regards,

Pat Murnen

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 20
treecatt
in reply to: PatMurnen_Adsk

I just returned to work on a project which has been on hold while awaiting a submittal response from USBR (United States Bureau of Reclamation). Prior to submitting my schematics to USBR I ran all the audit features and repaired all relevant errors. Now I'm halfway through making changes as required by USBR and I suddenly find myself getting the same errors when running the "Update Signal References" command. I've run the Drawing Audit which simply lists 8 hdl errors with insufficient information to have a clue how or where the problem lies. I also went in and deleted the scratch database with no success and have run the Electrical Audit. I'm got a ticking clock to complete these changes as well as create a number of other documents including, naturally, wiring diagrams which I assumed I could create from a wire list produced by ACADE 2010. My problem currently exists on sheet 23 of the schematics. If someone is willing to look at the project and perhaps point me in the right direction to correct the problem I'd really appreciate it. I've zipped up my project file but it is 4.3MB so I can't attach it to this msg.

Daniel Schuman

Emerson Excitation Systems

dschuman@tcsainc.com

412-826-3737

Message 6 of 20
PatMurnen_Adsk
in reply to: treecatt

Daniel,

you can email the project to me at pat.murnen@autodesk.com and I can take a look. Please provide as much detail as possible as far as what commands you are running, what options you pick on any dialogs, and what to look for regarding the results.

Also include in the email the version of AcadE you are using.

Thanks,

Pat Murnen

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 20
cashea

What was the end result with this?  I am also having "xrecord ptr mismatch" errors.

Tags (3)
Message 8 of 20
randybrunette
in reply to: cashea

cashea

Can you please zip up and email the project to either myself at randy.brunette@brutec.us, or pat.murnen@autodesk.com and we will take a look. Please provide as much detail as possible as far as what commands you are running, what options you pick on any dialogs, and what to look for regarding the results.

Also include in the email the version of AcadE you are using.

Randy Brunette
Brunette Technologies, LLC
randy.brunette@brutec.us
www.brutec.us
Message 9 of 20

I also have some users with this issue.

I will email a zipped copy of the project to Pat to look at.

If there is a resolution - it would be good to post it?

Message 10 of 20

Scott,

I received your files. Thanks.  I will post here as soon as I have any more information. I actually wasn't able to reply to your email. I received some sort of security issue.

Pat

Pat Murnen

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 11 of 20
PavlovMCAD

Hello,

I have a project with 82 drawings. I don't know if this is normal but every time I do a minor change and do a retag/update it takes 25-30 min for ACADE to complete the process. It is very frustrating. Even for smaller projects with ~20 drawings it takes more than 5 minutes

Message 12 of 20

That is not normal.  There could be an issue with network traffic across your LAN.  That's one thing to check.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 13 of 20
hubbell
in reply to: dougmcalexander

Hi Doug,

I also have the same issue.

Also, I am not working on a network except I save my drawings to Productstream - VAULT

I deleted the project database per instructed and noticed the .mdb grew.

Why would my project ".mdb" file go from 5,200 kB to 12,436 kB?

I did the AEAUDIT and found duplicate wires for many, if not all my Source to Destination wire references.

If I try to edit the destination and choose the Source from the project, the process

is quite time consuming but fails to clear the duplicate number anyway.

did notice if I it the Destination to a Source/Destination on the same sheet I select it and it is fixed per the audit.

I am looking to find a solution. Any progress with the other projects sent in?

Thanks, Bob

Message 14 of 20
dougmcalexander
in reply to: hubbell

Hi Bob,

I don't know anything about projects that were sent in, but what you describe with your project database is certainly not normal.  Deleting the database usually solves odd behavior but I seldom need to do that.  I sometimes delete the project databases anyway, just for good housekeeping, since Electrical will rebuild them anyway, should ever need to edit a released project.

I have been using this program since 1997.  I always run with the latest updates and I seldom have a crash.  I have more crashes with the competitive database-driven programs than I do with Electrical and my project-wide updates run in about the time it takes for me to refill my coffee cup, except on projects with 400 pages or more.  I don't even mind the time to update 400 pages because I would rather trade speed for data integrity any day. 

Be sure you are using the latest service pack for the version of Electrical that you are using.  Autodesk has devoted much time to the database management portion of Electrical in the past few releases and it has become more and more robust.  But again, Electrical only uses the database for its own internal processes and for generating reports, so even if it crashes, closing Electrical, deleting the project.mdb file, and restarting Electrical usually solves the worst crash.

As for wire number duplicates on networks connected via source/destination arrows, run project-wide signal reference update to be sure that they are properly linked.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 15 of 20
PatMurnen_Adsk
in reply to: PavlovMCAD

The previous issue was related to a specific error received during the retag. I did receive one project but requested steps to reproduce the alert and never received those. I wasn't able to reproduce it but due to the alert I believe it was related to terminals with jumpers defined incorrectly. This was not related to the time it takes to do a retag.

Does it happen on all projects or just specific ones? Can you tell if it slows down at a specific drawing or does it take about the same amount of time for each? Is this new or has it been this way for a while? What operating system and amount of memory?

You might also turn on log file (LOGFILEON) and the command line debugging (AEONLISPDEBUG), run the retag and post the resulting log file (LOGFILENAME). I can look at it to see if it provides some clue.

Regards,

Pat Murnen

Pat Murnen

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 16 of 20
hubbell

Hi Pat,

1) What operating system and amount of memory?      I am running Windows 7 with SP1 and 12GB ram.

I have included the Logfile Attached per your instruction.

2)Does it happen on all projects or just specific ones?     This happens on specific projects and specific sheets of this project. It only happens with the 0VDC (wire number "92") network which goes thoughout my project. The network starts on sheet 2 and goes through to sht15, so I thought I would start back to front.

My test is to delete the "92" wire number, then retag/update the destination xref and time to insert the updated "92".

Sheet 15, "92" network xref updates fast (2 seconds) but nothing on the network just a vertical wire "INTERNAL JUMPER" layer. Sheet 14, "92" updates fast (2 seconds) it has a terminal to a horizontal rung to PLC DC COM input Sheet 13, "92" updates fast (2 seconds) on one network with one horizontal rung   but a second "92" network took about 5 minutes (see attached log).

Background: The second "92" network has qty 11 "TBS"(block "VT0001") 1-wire terminals each associated to a terminal block WAGO 280-833 redefined to be 4LEVEL.   Each of the qty 11 terminals is daisy chain connected using defined wire on a "INTERNAL JUMPER" layer.

I had some **** ALERT MSG HERE (wdwnet.lsp) - Xrecord hdl ptr mismatch with terminal hdl:354C1, term hdl=354C1 I found the hdl's using "ZH.lsp", then deleted and rebuilt these terms. I also fixed all jumpers in the AETERMDBEDITOR.

Thanks for any help,

Bob

Message 17 of 20
PatMurnen_Adsk

Bob,

What command exactly are you running and what options on any UI? Can you send me the project (or at least the .wdp and the drawings that are affected) at pat.murnen@autodesk.com? For some reason I could not download the log file. Can you send that also?

What version of AcadE?

Can you explain more by what you meant by " I also fixed all jumpers in the AETERMDBEDITOR"?

Regards,

Pat

Pat Murnen

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 18 of 20
hubbell

Hi Pat,

I had some associated terminal that had Jumpers defined in the terminal strip editor AND connected the terminals on the drawing with a wire layer named “JUMPER”. After I un-associated them (delete and reinsert) my cross-reference update worked perfectly.

I figured that I should redefine the layer “JUMPER” as a non-wire by removing it from the create/edit wire type list (AEWIRETYPE).  I assume since that was creating a second search path it caused the long search time. After I did that I also reassociated the terminals as before and they now work perfectly

This solved my problem.

Thank you,

Bob

Message 19 of 20
PatMurnen_Adsk

Bob,

glad you figured it out. Makes sense. You don't want to use both a jumper layer and define terminal jumpers.

Pat

Pat Murnen

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 20 of 20

I feel AE2021 is bit slow too when I do a project wise retag or component cross reference. Just wondering if others are facing similar lag time. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost