AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resize wireway on panel drawing after inserted

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
jfrock
1558 Views, 10 Replies

Resize wireway on panel drawing after inserted

How do you resize wireway or din rail after it is inserted in Autocad Electrical 2013?

thanks

Jason

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
casey.heater
in reply to: jfrock

Jason,

I believe you have to delete the wireway / DIN rail and insert it again.

Message 3 of 11

You can also create your own dynamic block for a wire duct and DIN rail which will give you the option to adjust the length or even pick up a different size.

Message 4 of 11

Good idea Stefan,

I had not considered a Dynamic Block.  

Unfortunately, the existing DIN Rail / Duct insert tool does not allow for use of Dynamic Blocks.  The tool generates blocks parametrically, but the resultant block does not have embedded dimension parameters.  The user would have to stop using the DIN Rail Insert utility and generate their own set of blocks.

This would be a good feature update for AutoCAD Electrical's team to run with.

Message 5 of 11

Yes, you will have to create your own and add a new link/symbol to the Panel Symbols menu using the "Icon Menu Wizard". Take a look at the attached file for a dynamic bloc for adjustable DIN rail.

Message 6 of 11

Great work Stefan,

Thanks for the demo drawing!  I'll take a look at this.

Message 7 of 11

When you open the drawing you will get a message that it contains extra features and if you want to open it in the Block Editor. Choose yes and you will see the attributes.

Message 8 of 11
drathak
in reply to: stefan.stamate

I don't have a lot of experience with that utilty, but could you find the pieces that is built from and add the dynamic attributes in those?

Also, I have tried to make some dynamic symbols for the schematic but once you stretch them they pick up an alternate ID or something that keeps them from being found by ACADE sometimes.  (I'd have to hunt up my notes to remember exactly what happened.)

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium
Message 9 of 11
stefan.stamate
in reply to: drathak

Hi Joe,

If you insert the DIN rail drawing I have provided as a block into your drawing it will give you the option to adjust its length to a maximum of 1m. The dynamic adjustment is already in there.

Cheers,

Stefan

Message 10 of 11
dougmcalexander
in reply to: jfrock

Actually, you can use the Stretch PLC utility to resize any block after it is inserted. This utility was called Stretch Block in earlier versions. You can find it on the Schematic menu tab under the Scoot drop-down arrow. I used CUI to rename mine back to Stretch Block and I also duplicated it on my Edit Footprints menu panel for convenience.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 11 of 11
drathak
in reply to: dougmcalexander

@dougmcalexander wrote:
Actually, you can use the Stretch PLC utility to resize any block after it is inserted. This utility was called Stretch Block in earlier versions. You can find it on the Schematic menu tab under the Scoot drop-down arrow. I used CUI to rename mine back to Stretch Block and I also duplicated it on my Edit Footprints menu panel for convenience.

Bloody Hell....

Been wanting exactly that forever!!!

Thanks Doug!

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost