AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Representing schematic components on a building layout plan ?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
CAD-ICE
239 Views, 2 Replies

Representing schematic components on a building layout plan ?

Hi there,

I´m hoping that someone has some experience in what I´m trying to accomplish which is to represent components shown on schematic diagrams (single or multiline) as well on a building layout plan.

For instance If I want to show lights or other field equipment on a layout drawing and have these components linked to the schematic drawings such that when modifying a component on one drawing will affect the linked component shown on other drawings. I have been experimenting on my own but using the wdtagalt attribute which seems to work fine but I´m running into other issues related to the USC settings of the layout drawing. So I was kind of hoping that someone out there could point me into the right direction....

Any comments or thoughts deeply appreciated.

Regards, Gary

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
testsubject
in reply to: CAD-ICE

Gary,

This aquick one of the top of my head; have you thought of treating your layout drawings like they were panels? Then, all the symbols for lights, switch, etc could be treated as footprints and it would not require much work to get then to sync up.

Just a thought....

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 3 of 3
CAD-ICE
in reply to: testsubject

Hi Bob,

yes I have thought about that as a possible solution but I would like to show major cable routes or links between the various components which would require terminalpoints on the symbols. Maybe I´m pressing ACADE to perform something that´s out of range and generally seems not to be a big request from the market.

I hope although to receive more inputs on this issue because I´m sure that this functionality is needed from others out there. Thank´s again for your input Bob.

Regards, Gary 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost