AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reports

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
Justin2012
560 Views, 13 Replies

Reports

1-How can I save the SORT, USER POST, and SQUEEZE setting when creating my Report Format File Setup?

2-The UPDATE EXISTING in the Table Generation Setup is always grayed out meanwhile there is a table in the project. What seem to be the issue? I don't want to do it all over again.

3-I want the internal jumper to show in the jumper chart but for some reason it is not.I created a jumper layer and also

use the Add/Edit Internal Jumper but it is still not showing.

I will appreciate any help. Thanks for all the guidance.

Justin

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Justin, the update being greyed out can indicate that the existing table is in a different format than the new report.  Be sure you run the new report using the same report format file that was used to create the existing report.  Once you configure a report the way you want (sort, fields to report, justification, etc.) save it as a report format for re-use.  Report formats save with a .set extension to your User folder by default.  Click the Format button to load a report format that has been previously saved.  If you are going to insert a new style of report, delete the existing report since there will be no update option.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 14
Justin2012
in reply to: Justin2012

I have my report generator looking the way I want it - where or how do I go from here to save it for re-use? I will also like to create a set file for this.

Message 4 of 14

At the lower left of the change report format dialog is the button to save as a report format. 

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Message 5 of 14

Got it now...much thanks.

3 - Any guidance on question three(3) about the internal jumper?

Message 6 of 14

The jumper chart appears in a tabular terminal strip. These can be inserted via Terminal Strip Editor or by using the Table Generator.

Doug McAlexander

Message 7 of 14

Thats what I did but the internal jumper is not showing. Please refer to the attachment.

Thanks.

Justin

Message 8 of 14

I don't know your workflow so it's hard to say why internal jumpers aren't displaying.  I just verified that it works.  See attached.

You must assign internal jumpers via block properties.  It is not the same as using the Edit jumper command.  That jumpers terminal to terminal.  You can do both of course.  You can have internal jumpers from level to level and jumpers from terminal to terminal.

Doug McAlexander

Message 9 of 14
Justin2012

I am not talking about terminal strip terminals but internal jumpers in a Parametric PLC. Lets say you jumped IN 0 and COM; what will you do to show this jumpers in the jumper chart?

Thanks again

Justin

Message 10 of 14
Justin2012

Hello,

Any help on the above question?

Thanks,

Justin

Message 11 of 14

The jumper chart displays jumpers between terminal blocks or the various levels of multilevel terminal blocks. It is not intended to display jumpers between the wire connections of a PLC or other devices.

Doug McAlexander

Message 12 of 14

Ok, is there another way to show this internal jumpers?

Also, I have my automatic report set up BUT for some reason the BOM is coming out differently( not picking the Suppress Item Column Repeats). Please refer to the picture and advise what I am doing wrong.

Thanks you.

Justin

Message 13 of 14

Any help on the above the question , please.

Thanks.

Message 14 of 14
Justin2012

Has anyone find the solution on how to get an automate list of all the internally jumped wires - that is wires jumped from IN1 to IN2 (not terminals)?

How can I set up my "Report Format File Setup to exclude the PUT ON DRAWING. I want all the other options but no put on drawing.

Please assist. Thanks for any help. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost