AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting - custom attributes.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
442 Views, 3 Replies

Reporting - custom attributes.

Hi,

I have created custom attributes on a report and when I run the report there is one field (column) missing data. The data does exist in the component attribute but is not reporting. The name of the attribute is 'UNITS'. All my other component attributes are outputting data to the report. Can someone please advise why this may be happening?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
testsubject
in reply to: Anonymous

If you want to add the Units value from the components to your reports, use the 'UM" field from in the report setup. I use this field to hold the lengths of Wireway and dinrail in Panel layouts.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: testsubject

I do not see this as a standard ACADE field. My components are pressure and temperature transmitters and therefore I need to enter the unit of measure into the component attribute. I have tried re-creating the wda.file with a new attribute for this unit but for some reason the ACADE does not like this. It allows you to save over the original wda file but does not actually change the report itself. Please can you advise.

Message 4 of 4
testsubject
in reply to: Anonymous

I see what is happening.

The UM field is only accessible from the panel layout.

What I would suggest is using the USER1-USER3 fields for this data. It can be stored in the database and then accessed from reports. You can rename the USERX fields in the report to whatever you want them to be.

Does this sound like something you can work with?

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost