AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

report/CSV based off terminal strip editor?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
robbm2k
323 Views, 2 Replies

report/CSV based off terminal strip editor?

I've managed to get myself happy with the terminal strip editor, associating terminals that are referenced on different pages, etc, to get the correct terminal count, but i don't see a way to get that list out of the terminal strip editor and into a CSV file or something that can be loaded into our labelmaker program. previously, i'd run a schematic report of the terminal numbers that i saved to a CSV, and then manually count out how many terminals i wanted or eyeball it. Obviously, this never matched perfectly with the BOM info about how many terminals were being used. Now that a BOM report is accurate (because i've associated terminals to only have the number i need on the layout), it seems like i have no way to get the TSE quantity/layout out of ACADE. any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
metal_pro2
in reply to: robbm2k

I do it this way:

Menu:  Projects  Export to Spreadsheet  Export to Spreadsheet then select Panel Terminals. Select the panel drawings with the terminal strips created by TSE and save to Excel. I then open up the newly created excel file and delete the info not required. I then send this file with terminal numbers to the panel shop for importing into the terminal label maker.

Message 3 of 3
robbm2k
in reply to: metal_pro2

that seems to work, thanks. since we've started using the automatic report generator for other reports, i had hoped there was a way of forming a report that has the data from TSE so it could be part of the automatic report grouping. in the meantime, i'll probably use this route though. any ideas on how that terminal list file is made? if i have to use it this way, i'd like to remove all that extraneous info so i don't have to delete it for every project...

anyone else have schem/panel report modified to utilize the TSE data?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost