AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renaming drawings project-wide

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
stefan.stamate
3218 Views, 4 Replies

Renaming drawings project-wide

Does anybody know if is there an easy way to rename the drawings project-wide? I am looking for an option similar to the one you get when you copy a project and you have the option to find/replace part of the old filenames. Right now I am using an external utility (Panda Batch File Renamer) to rename the drawings and manually change the file names in the wdp file (of course while the project is closed...).

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

The best way to rename all files in a project is to copy the project and use the built-in method you described.  Of course you can rename one file at a time by right-clicking over it in project manager and selecting rename.  Hint: You cannot rename the file if the drawing is open.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the information. I knew that one, I was trying not to create another duplicated project...

Message 4 of 5
KOBI1912
in reply to: stefan.stamate

im using "advance renamer" its free

it allow to rename files by masks

regurding the WDP file, it is easyer to create a new one and add the renamed files

Message 5 of 5
ccad2509
in reply to: KOBI1912

i use bulkrename utilty another free app which has multiple formats and wildcards

then i copy a blank standard project

and use Pat murrens app which you can find here

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-electrical-general/title-block-issue-in-iec-demo-project/td-p/...

to update all the data

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost