AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove '-Model' from pdf file names

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
STEVENAR
4714 Views, 4 Replies

Remove '-Model' from pdf file names

Hi,

Can anyone advise how to remove '-Model' from the pdf filename. I am doing batch plotting to pdf and I need to remove '-Model' from each of the filenames manually.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
stefan.stamate
in reply to: STEVENAR

I believe that you are using the Project->Publish option which is a bit different.

I use the publish command from the manu (File->Publish) and plot to a pdf printer (like Bullzip PDF for instance). This merges all the drawings into one pdf. You need to create a page setup in the first drawing of the list which will use the "pdf printer" and apply this to all the drawings. This method doesn't add any "-Model" text to the filename. In fact you enter the name of the pdf. Under the Publish Options you van choose if you want a "Multi-Sheet File" or a "Single-Sheet File" controlling in this way if you want them merged or separated files.

Message 3 of 5
egarcia25
in reply to: stefan.stamate

Stefan,

I too am using the (File>Publish) and I stll get the "model" at the end of my pdf. I like to fix this problem in Acad without going into DOS.

However, what I've been doing is using the DOS rename command to get rid of the -Model in the file name, however because of the difference in the length you will have to use a ? for each unique character versus an *. rename C????-Layout1.pdf C????.pdf will rename all the files in the directory you might want to create a test or practice directory when you try it.

if you file names are not similar, use DOS dir > filename.txt to create a file that you can bring into excel and use concatonate to create a bat command.

Message 4 of 5
Icemanau
in reply to: egarcia25

I use a little known program called "Bulk Rename Utility" available at this link.

http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Main_Intro.php

Using this program, you can specify charachters, a word, from position # to position # and a few other options to be removed from the files name. See the circled section in the jpg.

bulk rename.JPG

When you highlight the files you wish to edit and fill in whatever parameters you need changed, you get a preview of the new file name in the second column. This allows you to make sure that it is correct before the actual rename. The preview also changes as you fill in the parameters so there is no special button to click on.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
ccad2509
in reply to: Icemanau

yes use the same programme for a few years now

will have the same issue when i migrated to 2015 but for different reasons

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost