AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relay Aux Cont pin assignment

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Tim_L
789 Views, 3 Replies

Relay Aux Cont pin assignment

Hi,  I am sure this question has been asked but my searchs have not found it.  If someone can just point me in the right direction that would be very helpful.

In my panel drawings I have added a relay with mfg. and our own part number ID.  I have added the same info for a auxilary contact that can be used by snapping it onto the face of the relay. 

In my schematic I can pick the relay from a list.  I have added the mfg. info AND added the pin list assignments for the relay itself.  Sometimes we use just the relay other times we use the relay plus the aux. contact.  For the panel I have one or two items with corrisponding one or two balloons.  For the schmatic can I marry those two so that I have a pin list for just the 4 contact relay and/or a pin list for the relay plus the 4 additionl aux. contacts?  Would this be a sub-assembly?  I do not see how to create or use a sub-assembly in the schematic like I would for a panel BOM.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Icemanau
in reply to: Tim_L

First of all, make sure the data for the Aux contact block and the coil is in the lookup catalog database you use.

Next, edit the pinlist AND add the Aux contacts as per normal contacts but add a description by putting ",*AUX" at the end of each contact entry for the aux contacts.

Insert the coil and select it from the lookup. then click on the Multiple Catalog button. click on the catalog lookup there and select the AUX contact block.

Now you just insert the contact symbolas normal, associate it with the parent coil and select the contacts marked AUX from the pinlist as needed.

ACADE will automatically add the pinlist from the AUX contact block pinlist to the Contactor's pinlist. You just need to select the appropriate contact from the list.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Message 3 of 4
Tim_L
in reply to: Icemanau

Gave this a test drive this morning, worked exactly as described, the syntax was the key, thank you very much for your help.

Icemanau?  Ice Man Australia? Brad, are you really in Austrialia?  cool (no pun intended)

tim

Message 4 of 4
Icemanau
in reply to: Tim_L

Yep, Living in Brizvegas as the locals call it. Me, I call it too bloody hot for half the year...

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost