AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REINIT acad.pgp

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jasantangelo
2567 Views, 5 Replies

REINIT acad.pgp

I am having trouble using the REINIT command after modifiying the acad.pgp file. When I run REINIT and select PGP file and then select OK I get the following error. "Syntax error in acad.pgp file on line 3 in field 1". Not sure what the issue is. Here is line 3 from my acad.pgp file:  ";  Program Parameters File For Autodesk AutoCAD 2014". Field 1 is a smicolon indicating a note.

Can anyone help?

Joe

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Wheelie22
in reply to: jasantangelo

Can you add the PGP file or show the first part ?

The PGP file is an ASCII file, did you save it as an ASCII format or an RTF format. The extension can still stay the same if you saved it in the wrong format.

Message 3 of 6
jasantangelo
in reply to: Wheelie22

I opened the acad.pgp file in notepad by double clicking and then selected save when I finished my modifications. So I believe it was saved as a .txt.file.

I have attached the file. had to change the extension in order to attach it to the post.

Message 4 of 6
rhesusminus
in reply to: jasantangelo

Are you sure you're reading the correct acad.pgp?

If you write this on the command line, and press enter, does it point to your acad.pgp?

(findfile "acad.pgp")

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 5 of 6
Wheelie22
in reply to: rhesusminus

The ACADE2014 PGP works fine on ACADE2012 !

Like Rhesusminus replyed, you probably are looking to the wrong file.
Message 6 of 6
jasantangelo
in reply to: Wheelie22

I was looking at the wrong file. Thank you  Rhesusminus for helping me find the correct file. It seems to working fine now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost