AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Autocad Electrical Application

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
subash.allu
275 Views, 1 Reply

Regarding Autocad Electrical Application

Sir,

We have used Autocad 2009 Electrical for our schematic designing and for wiring diagram generation. During this process we have observed the below discripencies:

1. The cross references i.e the connections of wires from one page to other are not getting reflected in the wiring diagram.
2. At some places the From-To connections are missing.
3. The new component creation is quite time consuming and to modify that component(if required) is tedious.
4. To add a particular sheet in a Project file is time consuming and so is to copy a sheet.
5. The Schematic reports generated are not in sorted form.
6. Wire size/color changing in the schemes is time consuming.

Our requirements in schematic designing and wiring diagram generations is:

1. Copying of a sheet should be simpler without any time delay.
2. Replacement of component tags should be easier.
3. Schematic reports should be in sorted form.

These are some of discripencies observed in this software and we do require some more clarifications in implementing this software from your end. For further any explainations kindly get back to us. Early reply will be solicited.

With regards,
Sheetal Paithankar,
Engg-C,ECIL.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Davidc1204
in reply to: subash.allu

Hi Sheetal,

Perhaps you could provide more information on your issues, attached drawings with isssues are gennerally more helpfull than merely stating it does'nt work.

Firstly

I have worked through Acade 06 to 12 and I have not had issues with wires connections between drawings. so without some guidance from you as to why things are going wrong it is hard to comment.

Secondly

Report sort issue, I trust you are aware of the 'change report format' and 'sort' options available? per report.

I may or may not have helped with at least one of your issues.

(Asking for a prompt reply on ACADE 2009 issues is a bit strange when 2011/12 is current, or is it just me?)

Regards

David

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost