AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reference numbers

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
429 Views, 2 Replies

Reference numbers

To all, I am using sheet numbers with my reference numbers in ladder drawings. I am having trouble getting all of my drawings to update ladder sequence correctly. The title blocks all reflect the correct data, but the ladder get all messed up. For instance> dwg #1 ref numbers 1-25,26-50 this drawing may show ref numbers as 2 digit ref only with no sheet number > dwg#3 ref numbers 1-25,26-50 this drawing may show ref numbers correctly 301,302,303,304,etc... All drawing are configured the same and all check against the project database correctly. I know I am probably doing something wrong but am out of ideas. Am also very new to AutoCadd Electrical Thanks in advance for your patience and help Steve Duckworth
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Steve, I'm not sure I completely understand what you're seeing or not seeing but I'll give it a shot and you can tell me if this does or doesn't work. Open up your dwg#1 in AutoCAD Electrical and pick on the "Drawing Configuration" toolbar button (next to last button on the main AcadE toolbar). Make sure you have your drawing "sheet" number value of "1" entered into the edit box along the right-hand edge of the configuration dialog. Then hit the "Setup cross-ref" button at the bottom center part of this dialog. Make sure that your cross-ref format in both boxes carries a value of "%S%N" so that your sheet number gets appended to your line reference 1-50 number... so, on sheet 1 references will be 1xx where xx=1-50, sheet 2 will be 2xx, and so on. If it seems that I'm not understanding the problem, please reply. thanks, Nate. "Duck" wrote in message news:4057508b_2@newsprd01... > To all, > I am using sheet numbers with my reference numbers in ladder drawings. > I am having trouble getting all of my drawings to update ladder sequence > correctly. > The title blocks all reflect the correct data, but the ladder get all messed > up. > For instance> dwg #1 ref numbers 1-25,26-50 > this drawing may show ref numbers as 2 digit ref > only with no sheet number > > > dwg#3 ref numbers 1-25,26-50 > this drawing may show ref numbers correctly > 301,302,303,304,etc... > > All drawing are configured the same and all check against the project > database correctly. > I know I am probably doing something wrong but am out of ideas. > Am also very new to AutoCadd Electrical > > Thanks in advance for your patience and help > Steve Duckworth > >
Message 3 of 3
testsubject
in reply to: Anonymous

I never bothered with using the sheet number reference in the Line number. I just store my drawings in the sheet order in the project, and when I need to update the line numbers I just use project wide with 0101 as the first line number and offset each subsequent page by 100. This works real well as long as you don't go over 99 lines per sheet.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost