AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recover Lost .wdp ???

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jcolacino
357 Views, 3 Replies

Recover Lost .wdp ???

Good Morning,

I recently had one of our panelshops send the AutoCad Electrical drawings for a small project we worked on together and they can not find the .wdp project file. The actual engineer that worked on this project had left their company. Is there a way for me to create a new one using the drawings as the source of the standards? I dont want the basics to change on the existing drawing but I need to make a few changes and additions....

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance
Jim Colacino
Newark Electric Corp.
jcolacino@newarkelectric.com
315-331-0414 Office
315-573-4066 Cell
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dougmcalexander
in reply to: jcolacino

All you need to do is create a new project using the New Project button. Move the drawings into the folder that gets created for this new project. Right-click on the new project in the Project Manager window and select Add Drawings. Add the drawings to the new project. Furthermore, you can use the Settings Compare utility to force the new project to assume the settings of one of the drawings.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 4
jcolacino

Thanks for the help. I will give it try tonight!

Jim
Message 4 of 4
dougmcalexander

If the drawings are not already AutoCAD Electrical compliant (having a WD_M block) allow AcadE to Apply the Project Defaults to the Drawings when you add them to the new project.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost