AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recieves shadows

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mewescott
233 Views, 1 Reply

Recieves shadows

I have created a project as a method of organizing a bunch of existing electrical drawnings.  I have been able to add multiple drawings to it and separate them into folders.  But, on the last two that I added when I try to open the drawing properties it pops up a window that says "Ignore Shadows" on top and "Receives Shadows" below.  I can OK it but it just comes back the next time and the drawing properties never opens.  I thought it was related to the drawing itself the first time it came up but it came up on another drawing.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
algerj
in reply to: mewescott

Hi MeweScott,

Shadows are part of the 3D enviroment.

I would check the files to make sure you did not accidently insert a component that was a 3D DWG model.

I have seen Clients use the 3D model without making a 2d view of the 3d model (Using Solid Profile), which often displays messages about rending and / or shadows.

On that note if the model was accidently opened in the 3d enviroment, someone turned on the shadows (Render > Visual Styles > Shadows off/ Ground Shadows / Full Shadows) , and If they saved the file with the shadows on, you could see this message.

I hope this helps,

James Alger

SolidCAD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost