AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-tag operation for copied circuit

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
rvargas
191 Views, 1 Reply

Re-tag operation for copied circuit

Hi,
I working on a project that is divided in a number of similar sections. I already designed the first section and now i want to copy- paste this section to the new ones. The components of these section are unique so they have different "tags". I try to use the copy circuit command to do the copy operation but now i'm finishing with a duplicate circuit (without any retag) of the original. When i try to put a new tag to the new copied parent the program changes also the original one. Any suggestion on how i can copy this prototype (original circuit) a number of times without getting link to the original circuit and at the same time keep the internal ties in a way that i only need to rename the parent component and its child will update automatically?
By the way, i marked down the fixed option in the parent component dialog box but the link between the original parent and the new one persists.

Thank
Robert
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: rvargas

I think the problem is probably that you have the parents marked as fixed in the original. Fixed means that they will not be retagged on a copy circuit or an insert circuit if you save the circuit out. Try going back in and "unfixing" the parent tags and then copy circuit and see if the new circuit is retagged keeping any parent/child relationships within the copy. Pat Murnen (Autodesk) "rvargas@rayae.com" wrote in message news:31103029.1097253435881.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Hi, > I working on a project that is divided in a number of similar sections. I > already designed the first section and now i want to copy- paste this > section to the new ones. The components of these section are unique so > they have different "tags". I try to use the copy circuit command to do > the copy operation but now i'm finishing with a duplicate circuit (without > any retag) of the original. When i try to put a new tag to the new copied > parent the program changes also the original one. Any suggestion on how i > can copy this prototype (original circuit) a number of times without > getting link to the original circuit and at the same time keep the > internal ties in a way that i only need to rename the parent component and > its child will update automatically? > By the way, i marked down the fixed option in the parent component dialog > box but the link between the original parent and the new one persists. > > Thank > Robert

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost