AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-tag and Update problem

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
toddpalmer
602 Views, 4 Replies

Re-tag and Update problem

I proceeded to do a project wide re-tag and update and when it was complete. both drawings that I had finished in the project had phantom numbers and rungs randomly spread across the pages. If i try and slect any of the item i can not select them. I have also tryed to use the hide atribute tool and that does not work either. I have closed the drawing down and tryed to re-open it, I have tried to copy a back up file, and or just make a copy of the file. No luck!

Has anyone else experienced this problem or does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can solve this problem. I am desperate I stand to loose a good portion of time on a project that is due at the end of the month.

one of the files is attached below

Thx's Todd

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
richone
in reply to: toddpalmer

The phantom text was added in model space

You can go to model space tab and erase it

Message 3 of 5
toddpalmer

This seems to happen everytime I do a re-tag/update is there any way to keep it from happening?

Thx's Todd

PS thank you for the reply

Message 4 of 5

Todd, strange things happen when using paper space for electrical projects.  I don't advise it.  If you take full advantage of Electrical's functionality, you can do everything in model space.  I've been using Electrical since 1997 without paper space.  I have 72-inch tall panel layouts in model space.  If you had purchased any other electrical CAD software you would work on model space only. They disable any vanilla AutoCAD commands that might interfere with data management.  It opens up a whole new can of worms when the database engine must attempt to track data in both model space and paper space.  Yours is just one of many strange issues I have seen reported over the years, as people try to force the Electrical database engine to work with certain crutches they may have used in their vanilla AutoCAD days.  The best way to get started with Electrical is to copy one of the demo projects that ship with the program and use it as a guideline.  The other rule of thumb is to avoid any command that does not exist in one of the Electrical menu tabs.  That means to stay away from the HOME tab. One exception is for drafting the geometry for a new symbol.

I hear of this and that work-arounds to make paper space work, but in the end something crops up and bites you.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 5 of 5
toddpalmer

Doug,

Thanks a bunch for your input. You have saved me a lot of frustration. I normally work in Model space but this is a customer required layout that I am working with.

Todd

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost