AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE:3D Panel Box Design software

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
521 Views, 2 Replies

RE:3D Panel Box Design software

Anyone know which 3D software is best for Panel box,Panel Layout,wiring harness,design, & which works best with Autocad Electrical 2013.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

Inventor?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
drathak
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyone know which 3D software is best for Panel box,Panel Layout,wiring harness,design, & which works best with Autocad Electrical 2013.

Pretty sure the standard answere to that is Inventor at a minimum.  AutoDesk would like you to buy the Product Design Suite.  (Which has ACADE, Inventor and a few other tools.)  But Inventor is what you need to mate up with AutoCAD Electrical. 

I use Electrical at our company, and another section does the structural design with Inventor.  We have done a small project where I passed wiring information off to her and she was able to run the Cable Harness tools in Inventor and then pass me back cable lengths.  We eventually want to get to the point you are talking about only at a substation level rather than panel/box level.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost