AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

allenrs16
Message 1 of 2 (71 Views)

Raking Drawings to create BOM

71 Views, 1 Replies
06-07-2004 07:25 AM
I'm a new user to AutoCad and currently have LT 2004. I will be upgrading to AutoCad 2005 and have a couple questions. First, I hear about "raking" drawings such as, utility or communication drawings to determine lengths, type, and numbers of, say, 4" PVC conduit. Where do I find this and what is this capability called? Is it an add on utility for AutoCad or does it automatically come with the full blown version? Thanks for any help and advise!
*Joshua Verdin
Message 2 of 2 (71 Views)

Re: Raking Drawings to create BOM

06-07-2004 07:31 AM in reply to: allenrs16
Greetings, I think your loking for building systems. Building Systems is a software that runs on top of ADT. It can create pipe schedules and the such with that software. Joshua Verdin Applications Engineer MasterGraphics, Inc. www.masterg.com "allenrs16" wrote in message news:8740250.1086618358691.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I'm a new user to AutoCad and currently have LT 2004. I will be upgrading to AutoCad 2005 and have a couple questions. First, I hear about "raking" drawings such as, utility or communication drawings to determine lengths, type, and numbers of, say, 4" PVC conduit. Where do I find this and what is this capability called? Is it an add on utility for AutoCad or does it automatically come with the full blown version? Thanks for any help and advise!
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.