AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"GAUGE" Attribute Name

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jdenny
424 Views, 2 Replies

"GAUGE" Attribute Name

In the "conductor list" option for cable, there are spaces for "color/ID" and "gauge". I would like to create a cable marker symbol (HW01-xx) that will display the "color/ID" as well as the "gauge" when inserting a cable. I have found the the "color/ID" attribute is actually called "Rating1" for the HW01xx symbol, but can not figure out what the "gauge" attribute is called. Does anyone know the attribute name for "gauge"? Thanks and please see attachment. 

-----------------------------
Jeff Denny
Sr. Engineering Manager
Harris Corporation
Melbourne, Florida
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
lionSG
in reply to: jdenny

Don't know if this is what you want to show regarding the gauge.

Goto the Schematic tab > Insert Wires panel> Wire Number Leader drop-down > Wire Color/Gauge Labels.

You can edit the wires gauge text and insert next to the cable markers.

As for the Gauge attribute, maybe you need to add new attribute for it, not very sure on this.

Anyone?

gauge.jpg

Message 3 of 3
rhesusminus
in reply to: jdenny

This information is not transferred to the symbol as far as I can see.

Do you need this information for every cable part?

If it's enough with a "4x2,5mm2" on the cable parent, you could always put "DESC1=4x2.5mm2" in the TEXTVALUE field for your cable. Also, make sure the DESC1 attribute is available.

Or, you could create your own cable parent, and add a GAUGE-attribute to it, and use "GAUGE=4x2.5mm2" in the TEXTVALUE field.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost