AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

Valued Contributor
breierg
Message 11 of 12 (71 Views)

Re: "0" quantity on BOM

03-02-2012 08:57 AM in reply to: breierg

great info!

also is there a way to adjust the grid as to where Acad changes a wire nuimber

I use a grid of 1/2" between numbers and Acad numbers to the above line number 1/4" below that line and then 1/4" above the next line number, if you get right in between the two Acad will swich back and forth between the line numbers causing my wire and component numbers to change between projects, I would like Acad to number to the above number untill on the next line

*Expert Elite*
dougmcalexander
Message 12 of 12 (66 Views)

Re: "0" quantity on BOM

03-02-2012 10:37 AM in reply to: breierg

The wire numbers and tags are assigned within an approximate range of halfway between line reference numbers up and down.  In other words, think of the line reference as resting in the middle of the range it controls.  So halfway between 101 and 102 is where 102 begins, while 103 starts about halfway between 102 and 103.  I don't think there is an adjustment for this range.  But you can edit a wire number and mark it fixed to force it to be whatever number you wish.   Automatic wire numbering will affect no change on a fixed wire number.

Note: I recommend to avoid Feature Scale Multiplier settings above 2 or below 0.5.  This can have adverse affects on wire numbering, cross-referencing, etc. The FSM is a great feature for doubling the size of symbols or half-sizing them, but not for English to metric scale conversions.  The trap distance gets too coarse and this can cause problems with tagging and cross-referencing.  I have even seen it cause issues with sequentially numbered terminal blocks that are in close proximity.

Doug McAlexander
Independent Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical, ecscad, and promis-e implementation

Web site: www.ECADConsultant.com
Phone: (770) 841-8009

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Kudos are also much appreciated.
Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.