AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quickest Way To Update Data Links

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
17015 Views, 5 Replies

Quickest Way To Update Data Links

Hi,

Is there a way to update data links across multiple sheets of a project without having to open each sheet individually?

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Anonymous

Perhaps you are referring to updating signal references.  If that is what you seek, see the attached screen image that shows where the update command resides in the menu.  If you're interested, I have a tool that automatically assigns the source and destination code for user circuits so unique pairing is created each time you insert a user circuit that contains source and destination arrows.  Normally when you insert a user circuit that contains source and destination arrows you have to manually edit the code to prevent these circuits from linking to previously inserted circuit with the same codes.  My tool automatically edits the source and destination arrows to a unique code.  It is a fire and forget tool.  See the tips page at www.ecadconsultant.com for more information.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: dougmcalexander

Hi Doug,

I'm referring to TOOLS > DATA LINKS > UPDATE DATA LINKS and you then have to select the data link (table) on the sheet and update it. It then goes and looks at the location of the data and pulls the data back.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Not sure about previous versions of AutoCAD, but in Architecture 2012 updating data links can be done quickly in the XREF palette by right clicking on the named data link and selecting update data link.  This method requires less typing and doesn't make you select the table to be updated.

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 6
MattKich

I think the simple answer you are looking for: use the datalinkupdate command and when it says select objects, type "All" and hit enter. I have excel links on 11 tabs in a master file. This updates all the links at once & don't have to select them individually. It doesn't matter what tab  you are in to invoke the command. This has been working with various jobs for about a year when i first tried it. Good luck

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: MattKich

Hi there.

i am trying to use the datalinkupdate for attribute table and linked excel file. whenever i am making changes in attributes and clicking on update datalink, the table in cad drawing is getting updated. but linked excel file is not getting upadated after clicking write to source file. pl help. i am struggling with the same for quite long time,

regards,

KD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost