AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on format referencing X-Y Grid og X Zones

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
CAD-ICE
619 Views, 2 Replies

Question on format referencing X-Y Grid og X Zones

Hi there,

one of our customers has a special request regarding his titleblock and format referencing (see attached image)

Normally when setting up the format referencing you define the horizontal and vertical spacing in the setup dialog.

Our customers titleblock is built up such that the first and last spacing is different from the others.

Is there a work around to set the format referencing in cases like this?

Lets take an example, the total X-length is 400mm divided into 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 where the spacing from 1-2 and 7-8 is 28,57mm while other spacing is 2x28,57=57,14mm

I hope I have expressed myself clear enough for others to understand...

Regards, Gary

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rhesusminus
in reply to: CAD-ICE

Hi Gary.

As long as it's only the first and last columns that have a different width, can't you just tell AcadE to start the fisrt column at a "negative" value?

I.e, The start value for the x coordinate should be 57.14 mm to the left of the second column.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 3
CAD-ICE
in reply to: rhesusminus

Hello Rhesusminus!

I didn´t think of that....good point and quite obvious when you mention it Smiley Happy

Thanks again for another good answer.

Regards, Gary

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost