Distinguished Contributor
CAD-ICE
Message 1 of 3 (373 Views)
Accepted Solution

Question on format referencing X-Y Grid og X Zones

373 Views, 2 Replies
10-25-2012 06:49 AM

Hi there,

one of our customers has a special request regarding his titleblock and format referencing (see attached image)

Normally when setting up the format referencing you define the horizontal and vertical spacing in the setup dialog.

Our customers titleblock is built up such that the first and last spacing is different from the others.

Is there a work around to set the format referencing in cases like this?

Lets take an example, the total X-length is 400mm divided into 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 where the spacing from 1-2 and 7-8 is 28,57mm while other spacing is 2x28,57=57,14mm

I hope I have expressed myself clear enough for others to understand...

Regards, Gary

Hi Gary.

As long as it's only the first and last columns that have a different width, can't you just tell AcadE to start the fisrt column at a "negative" value?

I.e, The start value for the x coordinate should be 57.14 mm to the left of the second column.

*Expert Elite*
rhesusminus
Message 2 of 3 (314 Views)

Re: Question on format referencing X-Y Grid og X Zones

10-29-2012 06:50 AM in reply to: CAD-ICE

Hi Gary.

As long as it's only the first and last columns that have a different width, can't you just tell AcadE to start the fisrt column at a "negative" value?

I.e, The start value for the x coordinate should be 57.14 mm to the left of the second column.

Trond Hasse Lie
ECAD Consultant
CtrlAltEl

Please select "Accept As Solution" if this post answers your question. Kudos don't hurt either. ;-)
Distinguished Contributor
CAD-ICE
Message 3 of 3 (298 Views)

Re: Question on format referencing X-Y Grid og X Zones

10-29-2012 04:01 PM in reply to: rhesusminus

Hello Rhesusminus!

I didn´t think of that....good point and quite obvious when you mention it :smileyhappy:

Thanks again for another good answer.

Regards, Gary

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.