AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about default_cat.mdb

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
pqphillips
497 Views, 4 Replies

Question about default_cat.mdb

Is it considered safe to delete a database object (specifically the "LR" (Latching Relay) database object) out of the default database? Will this negatively affect the database or cause it to no longer function properly?

The reason I ask is because we don't use Latching Relays, but we do use "LR" as tag information for Line Reactors.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Icemanau
in reply to: pqphillips

I would advise keeping the LR table in the database even if the table is empty.

I would suggest using RL (Reactor Line) for your table just to keep the two different items seperate. This would prevent any new personelle with ACADE experience from being confused about what tables are what.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
drathak

@pqphillips wrote:

Is it considered safe to delete a database object (specifically the "LR" (Latching Relay) database object) out of the default database? Will this negatively affect the database or cause it to no longer function properly?

The reason I ask is because we don't use Latching Relays, but we do use "LR" as tag information for Line Reactors.

I agree with Brad.  Leave that table and create one of your own.  Here are a couple of pages that discusses adding tables to the catalog and what family values are "safe" to use.

http://synergiscadblog.com/2013/08/06/adding-a-new-family-code-to-the-catalog-database/

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-electrical/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcartic...

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium
Message 4 of 5
jdenny

I have deleted all of the default AcadE tables in the dafault.cat database and created 6 custom ones of my own. I also added 20 additional columns to each of my 6 new tables to capture more data than was allowed for in the default setup. I have had no problems with this since I made the edits 2 years ago.

-----------------------------
Jeff Denny
Sr. Engineering Manager
Harris Corporation
Melbourne, Florida
Message 5 of 5
drathak
in reply to: jdenny

@jdenny wrote:

I have deleeted all of the default AcadE tables in the dafault.cat file and created 6 custom ones of my own. I also added 20 additional columns to each of my 6 new tables. I have had no problems with this in the since I did it 2 years ago.

That's fine as long as you never want to use any tables providedby Autodesk. The above was meant to allow full use of Autodesk supplied catalog data along with your own custom data.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost