AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QTY ON BOM

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
253 Views, 3 Replies

QTY ON BOM

Hi,
I am puzzled by quantities on my BOM report. I have three
similar parts, dsub breakout boxes for 25, 44 and 50 pin connectors. I made them by creating one parent graphic to
denote the device, and then child components linked to it
denoting the individual pins.
On the BOM, in one instance the part qty is 1. (which is correct) In another instance, the component is listed twice, once with a qty of 1 and once with a qty of 20. (listing the parent as one component and the children as another). In the remaining instances, the qty represents the combined number of pins plus the parent component.
The parent/child relationships seem to be in place, the components have the correct tag # and cat #. I can't see what is causing the BOM to count the pins as seperate components in some cases.
Any suggestions on where/what to check?
Lynne
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

OK, now that I have sorted out the obvious, I corrected the BOM numbers by taking out the catalog assignment for the "children"
They aren't really children, they are really just the terminals that belong to that component, and it is easier graphically to insert them seperately but treat them as one component.
Should I be doing this differently? I considered treating it as a terminal block, but again runs me into different trouble.
Lynne
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Lynne, You did the right thing (blanking out the MFG/CAT assignments on the child symbols)... the BOM report will include any parent or child device that has a non-blank CAT part number assigned to it. So, if you had each of the child pin symbols carrying a copy of the parent's part number, the BOM report is going to think that each child pin is purchased with its own part number and will tally them all up. Nate. "Lint" wrote in message news:4272093.1085154877252.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > OK, now that I have sorted out the obvious, I corrected the BOM numbers by taking out the catalog assignment for the "children" > They aren't really children, they are really just the terminals that belong to that component, and it is easier graphically to insert them seperately but treat them as one component. > Should I be doing this differently? I considered treating it as a terminal block, but again runs me into different trouble. > Lynne
Message 4 of 4
testsubject

My problem with this issue is when I would insert a Panel component that had a different Assembly code but the same catalog number. Ace would count it twice. That took me a littel while to figure out.

Robert Hanrahan
Weigh Right Automatic Scale Co.
ACE user since 1997.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost