AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Put filename automatic in sheet value of drawing properties

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jorie
1641 Views, 4 Replies

Put filename automatic in sheet value of drawing properties

Hi,

Autocad Electrical use the "Sheet value" on the drawing properties to fill in automatic the page number, next page number and use it also for component coding (%S-%N).

But, to fill in the "sheet value on the drawing properties is an manual action.

Is it possible to put automatic the filename (i.e. 100.dwg ) without extension in the "Sheet value"

Kind regards,

John 

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDM1062
in reply to: jorie

Are you speaking of updating the title block? If so, right click on the project name in the project manager and then click on 'update title block...'; check the Sheet (%s value), and then click either 'OK Active Drawing' or 'OK Project Wide'.

Message 3 of 5
testsubject
in reply to: JDM1062

If I understand you correctly, you want to fill in the Sheet value automatically with the drawing value. I am not should if that is possible without writing a .lsp to do it. You can however automatically fill in the Sheet value sequentially by selecting to renumber the Sheet value during a Titleblock Update. This allows you to set the sheet value for several drawings assuming they are in order (i.e., 100, 101, 102, etc)

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 4 of 5
jorie

Hi Bob, sorry for the late reaction.

You understand my question, but your suggestion will not work for us because we haven/t sequential page numbering.

We work with standard page numbers for each part of the drawing, en have several gaps between the page numbers.

I understand that Autocad Electrical has no standard solution for filling in the sheet value automatically, so we have to write o lisp or do it manually.

Thanks for you answer.

Kind regards John

Message 5 of 5
GailL

Jorie,

Did you ever get a resolution to this sheet sequencing? We also have gaps in our sheet numbering.

Please advise on any solution you came up with.

Regards,

GailL

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost