AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publishing single sheet files names to pdf

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
CAD-ICE
788 Views, 7 Replies

Publishing single sheet files names to pdf

Hi there!

just wondering if I can somewhat configure filenames when publishing single sheet files.

As shown in the attached image, acade uses as default the filename-Layout name-Drawing description 1 as default. Is it possible to change these settings such that the filename would inherit some information from attributes in the titleblock such as revision no. or similar?? My goal is something like this attributevalue(projectno).filename.revision.pdf

Hope to receive some answers....I´m sure someone else is looking for something similar.

Regards, Gary

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Wheelie22
in reply to: CAD-ICE

Only if you dont use the multi-sheet file option.

Yes - In the Pulish window you can double click on the file name and save the DSD again, Yes - in the DSD file.

Here is the DSD file with a few extra empty lines to show the seperate drawings :

Publish.png

if you chage this line

[DWF6Sheet:SO1052620-50-001-Model]

to

[DWF6Sheet:SO1052620-50-001-Model-You-Can-Change-The-New-FileName-Here]

for every sheet.

It saves the new PDF under this name.

The :S is : S in the above example (auto smily off). 😉

Message 3 of 8
mathalekar

Click on "Drawing List Display configuration" icon from project manager icon set. You can configure the the name to display details rather than the format snapshot you have attached. Here is what it looks like after configuration. Choice of fields to format the complete name to display in PM is upto your choice of format Smiley Happy

Here is the PDF file name that i took a printout from WDDEMO sample file after configuration.

Message 4 of 8
rhesusminus
in reply to: mathalekar

m not sure what you mean here Mayuresh.

Tried to do this, but this is the result in Project Manager / Publish to DWF (PDF):

Capture.PNG

They don't exactly match...

Seems like your's doesn't either.

"Filename- DD1" seems to be the result no matter what I do.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 5 of 8
Wheelie22
in reply to: rhesusminus

We have ACADE 2012 and it does only does DD1 to !
Message 6 of 8
CAD-ICE
in reply to: Wheelie22

Hi guy´s glad to see that this post has raised some attention which is really appreciated.

I was aware of the possibility using the DSD file but to my opinion It requires manual work which I´m not interested in. I would like the pdf to match information on the drawing like the versions no and possibly other information we display in the titleblock. I´m sure you guy´s have similar requests right?

Regards, Gary

Message 7 of 8
Wheelie22

You only have these variables to use :

Drawing List.png

So no revision number, and if manual work repeats it self, write a program in lisp or VB !

But i still only get the DD1 option !

Message 8 of 8
mathalekar
in reply to: rhesusminus

The format i used is Drawing Name - Drawing description 1 and printed a PDF, the result is attached in previous post. It does name with the format selected from the drawing list configuration list.

It appears that the only difference with your workflow appears to be with valult (Your workflow) & without vault (my workflow). I shall check this workflow if it has any possible issue.

Our title block details are stored in project WDP file and not stored in the drawing. I need to investigate the case for this with vault file checked in.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost