AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publish/plot project

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
1421 Views, 10 Replies

Publish/plot project

Having trouble with publish in AutoCAD 2011 electrical sp1. I have used publish/plot project and use the use layout tab option and plot by page setup name. Everything has worked fine on all projects with AutoCAD 2010. Now in 2011 if I select publish/plot project, select the drawings, in the batch plotting options and order, select layout 1, use layout tabs default, turn detailed plot configuration mode off, pick my setup name AutoCAD comes up with a window no plotter device assigned,yet the device is assigned on the layout tabs default. If I select a plotter autoCAD requires me to hit enter at every plotting step. and does not retain my plotter settings

everything worked fine in 2010 what happend?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
KevinLi-Autodesk
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi breierg,

I tried with your steps in my AcadE2011 SP1 but unfortunately don't meet your plot problem, can you try to rebuilt the project database, and restarted AcadE before plotting ?

Regards,

Kevin Li

Kevin-Hongyuan Li
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Design, Lifecycle and Simulation Product Group
Direct: +86 21 2039 6025
Email: Hongyuan.Li@autodesk.com
Autodesk, Inc.
NO. 130, Lane 91, E Shan Rd
Building 12, Floor 6,
Shanghai 200127, PRC
www.autodesk.com
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

I have tried a full rebuild, restarting and repairing the installation with no luck, the problem is on every project not just one. I think a re-install may be next.

could it be that I still have 2010 on my machine, I retained 2010 in order to plot, 2010 works fine

Thanks for the reply

Message 4 of 11
KevinLi-Autodesk

Sorry to make you inconvenience at this, and the reinstallation is the last solution we can select. i suggest to use AcadE2011 SP1 if reinstallation can fix plot problem, because there are some new features and enhancement in 2011 version. Good luck!

Regards,

Kevin Li

Kevin-Hongyuan Li
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Design, Lifecycle and Simulation Product Group
Direct: +86 21 2039 6025
Email: Hongyuan.Li@autodesk.com
Autodesk, Inc.
NO. 130, Lane 91, E Shan Rd
Building 12, Floor 6,
Shanghai 200127, PRC
www.autodesk.com
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

I've tried a Re-install and the publish plot project problem still remains. If I plot by layout, works fine, publish by plotter named in page setup...fine. Publish plot project, use layout tabs default and it all goes bad, totally wrong size paper and all.

Worked perfect and still does if I plot the exact same project in acadE 2010

any ideas?

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

I tied everything I can think of, why doesnt publish/plot project work in Acad electrical 2011 sp1 work?

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

I just installed autoCAD 2012 and the same plotting promblem, can anyone please help me with this. I also have 2010 on my machine and the publish, plot project works perfectly fine

what happend!!

Message 8 of 11
PatMurnen_Adsk

Sorry you are having problems with this.

Would it be possible for you to send a small sample project that we can try and reproduce this on? You can send it to my direct email at pat.murnen@autodesk.com

Also, can you include screen shots of any dialogs that come up in the process? That way we can make sure to use the exact same steps.

Regards,

Pat Murnen

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 11
mathalekar
in reply to: PatMurnen_Adsk

I did some investigation regarding the plot case. Initially in the first run I could reproduce these case. But in the same case if you select the printer once (in the attached dialog box) it gets stored as settings in “lastplot.tmp” from “C:\Users\athalem\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical 2012\R18.2\enu\Support\user” location and it continues with printing and again the attached selection box never turns up. I did couple of checks with around settings to continuously reproduce this case but works ok except the first instance I stated. I will do further checks with this and see if it is around ACADE or ACAD case to find root cause. I am attaching “plot issue.txt” history file that I traced out during working out with the checks for your reference. This is with 2012 release.

I checked similar case but 2011 seems to work ok and not plot issue with lot of verifications with machine restarts, closing product and reopening it etc.

Message 10 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: mathalekar

I have now been able to plot by using layout tabs default but the problem I have how is I plot to 11 X 17 paper and for some reason when using layout tabs default my plot area is only 10.72 X 16.56 so I get a boarder around evey page. The PC3 files shows 11X17 and if I plot one page at a time thru the same PC3 it comes out perfect 11 X 17

Message 11 of 11
tford1

Myself and several of my co-workers are having the same problem when printing the "project" in AutoCAD Electrical 2012 SP1.  If we select a plotter from the plotter device list it then prints ok.  The problem is that if I then want to print to say pdf instead of the printer it still goes to the printer.  We can restart AutoCAD and select the pdf deivice and it works but it seems like there should be fix other than restarting AutoCAD.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report