AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publish Paper Space problem

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Tee.Dee
850 Views, 4 Replies

Publish Paper Space problem

I am trying to use the Acad Electrical publish to plot a project which has its title blocks in paper space. I can publish projects drawn in model space without a problem but when it comes to drawings done in paper space I am running into problems.

It goes through processing each drawing as normal but nothing happens once it is done, no files are created.  I have the Plot to File option ticked as I normally do.

Anyone have any ideas what might be causing this?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Icemanau
in reply to: Tee.Dee

What version of ACADE are you using?

Are you loading the paperspace layouts when you select the files to publish?

Publish.JPG

Are the paperspace layouts set up properly with the Page Setup Manager?

This is what tells ACAD what area to print, paper size and other important information.

Have you checked that the save directory is correct or if it's saving the files somewhere else?

Are you using the correct output format?

How are you looking for the files?

If you are trying to open the file using a dedicated program (Adobe for example) it may not be showing the file/s if they are not the correct format.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Tee.Dee

Hi Brad,

The normal acad publish that you have shown in your screen shot works fine.  Page layouts are set up correctly.

The issue is with the publish option from right clicking the project name.

I think I have tried every combination of options while having the layout tab selected as being what I want to plot but nothing is working.

Works fine if Model is selected as the source to plot.

It is not a huge deal to plot the project using the normal acad publish option but the problem this creates is that the drawings are placed in alphabetical order which is incorrect for this particular project and requires re-ordering.  I realise I can save the sheet list but it is still a problem when drawings are being added and removed between plots.

Message 4 of 5
Icemanau

Are you talking about this dialog?

Plot Project.JPG

This is the Plot project dialog box and both it and the PUBLISH project dialog box are available from right clicking the project name or from the Icon up the top of the project manager.

I have had problems using this dialog in the past as some of our dwgs are portrait while the majority are landscape.

What you might want to try is to select the AS SAVED option from the pick list at the top of the dialog. The only thing is that you have to have the Layout setup with its print configuration and the modelspace for that dwg with NO page setup saved. If both have a page setup, you may get double prints. or they may just interfere with each other.

The other thing to note if you use this dialog is that it saves each print as a seperate sheet and uses the same name for each one. So you end up with one file with only the last sheet printed in it.

I would suggest the Publish to DWF option (as per my original post) as you can tell it to save to a PDF, DWF or DWFx, print them it out and possibly whatever other file formats you may have installed.

You can also save to a multisheet file (under Publish Options), include or exclude plot stamps and even password protect the saved file.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
sonny3g

TeeDee,

Here are two videos I had to create for the co-ops we bring in periodically.  The first is how to setup a page for printing and the second is how to use the plot/publish to batch print.  Hope they help you out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9kO3lPlJB4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJhPq63Vphc

Scott G. Sawdy
scott.sawdy@bluecoyotecad.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost