AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

properties for catalog

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
hw
228 Views, 1 Reply

properties for catalog

Hi there,
i copied the standard catalog mdb file that came with out autocad and made some changes to it.
i am trying (without any luck) to get my project to look in this file and not in the original.
where do i set this up?
there are properties under tools-options,
properties under project properties( "library and icon menu" and "catalog lookup file preference"..)
and don't forget properties for the ind. drw?

thanks
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dougmcalexander
in reply to: hw

I suggest copying the default_cat.mdb to a file named complete_cat.mdb. This will be a backup of the original. Make the changes to the default_cat.mdb. This is the file AcadE looks for by default. If you remove lots of vendor data with Access, I recommend running the repair and compress utility in Access to speed up the database search time. Now in your project properties go to the Project Settings tab and set up a secondary catalog lookup by clicking on the button labeled Other in the catalog lookup section. Point to the complete_cat.mdb as your secondary catalog lookup. You can trim the default_cat.mdb down to preferred vendors but you have the complete_cat.mdb available when needed by clicking Other during a lookup.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost