AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Projects won't stay closed

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
christina.mccaffery
878 Views, 5 Replies

Projects won't stay closed

Everytime I close projects in my Project Manager, they are open again when I restart Autocad Electrical.

Anyway to fix this bug???? It's driving me nuts!Smiley Frustrated

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Bottom line is your closing ALL drawings before closing projects. you need one drawing active so the script can run.

http://myacade.blogspot.com/2012/04/closed-project-folders-return-after.html

Stan Wile
http://myacade.blogspot.com/
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 3 of 6

Do I have to have a blank drawing open? Because I always have the drawings closed when I am closing. Christina McCaffery MDAVIS 302-993-3387(direct) 302-998-4984 (fax) christina.mccaffery@mdavisinc.com Certified WBENC Women's Business Enterprise
Message 4 of 6

You do not need to have any drawings open to close a project. You right-click on the project name and pick Close and it is closed and removed from Project Manager. At least that is what should happen and does happen for me in all versions of AutoCAD Electrical.

AutoCAD Electrical keeps the project information in a text file called lastproj.fil. It is located in the user folder. On a typical install that would be -

• Windows XP: \Documents and Settings\{username}\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical {version}\{release}\{country code}\Support\User\
  • Windows 7: \Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical {version}\{release}\{country code}\Support\User\

Make sure you have write access to that folder.

If that isn't the issue can you answer these questions to help figure out what is happening -

What version of AcadE are you using?

Do you get any error messages?

If you exit and restart AcadE is Project Manager still showing the project you closed?

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6
s.wile
in reply to: PatMurnen_Adsk

If you have no drawings open the projects will be removed from the project list… until you close and restart Electrical.

It’s been like this since at least 2008. I just now checked it again in 2013 and after the restart all my closed projects were back.

Stan Wile
http://myacade.blogspot.com/
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 6 of 6
PatMurnen_Adsk
in reply to: s.wile

My apologies. You are right. If no drawings are open then what you do in Project Manager, i.e. Open or Close a project doesn't "stick". I will make sure this is logged if it isn't already.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Pat Murnen

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost