AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROJECTS IN PROJECT MANAGER

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
Anonymous
4947 Views, 23 Replies

PROJECTS IN PROJECT MANAGER

Hello All,

I am having an issue with the project manager.

When ever I shut down ACADE and reopen it All the projects that were in the project manager tree are gone

I have to go back in and reopen them each time I start AUTOCAD

I am assuming that there is a setting for this but I cannot find anything.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Thanks

Dennis

23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

If you are experiencing an issue with the project manager not remembering projects in AutoCAD Electrical 2015, do you have the following:

1.  Lastproj.fil file is located in your "My Documents" folder.

2.  You are not using the standard WD.ENV file and/or AeDATA folder from out of the box.

For a test, move your custom wd.env back to the C:\Users\<user name>\Documents\Acade 2015\AeData folder and see if that corrects the issue.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

I have found a "lastproj.fil" in My docs; but not lately.

Whenever I delete or rename ALL "lastproj.fil" files and use my network profile and change/add projects, the main (local support) copy does NOT get edited. A copy of the main one gets placed in "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015", and another in the current active project folder, which contains just the changes.

When I run w/vanilla profile, I use the local (default - OOTB) WD.ENV file. When I work w/my network profile, I use my WD.ENV file on the network. AN edited version of the default one.

Interestingly - when I copy my network WD.ENV file to the local drive and use the vanilla profile, the main "lastproj.fil" gets edited for whatever change I make. If I place the local (default-OOTB) on the network, and use the network profile - the main "lastproj.fil" does NOT get edited, and there are two "new" "lastproj.fil" files added as explained above.

Clearly consistent. Must be something in the network profile? But I can't imagine what. No typos, either. I quintuple checked.

I did notice that Service Pack 2 came out for 2015 Electrical. Deleted all and started over installing w/SP2. Made no difference.

Must be Miller Time...

Message 23 of 24
Anonymous

OK Fans - There may be a bug that was uncovered when I sent this issue to Autodesk.

Vanilla Issue: For the most part - If your "lastproj.fil" is not edited or blank and you are running the OOTB vanilla profile, then purging all copies of "lastproj.fil" from the user support folder, Program Files AutoCAD Electrical folder, My Docs folder, and from any project folders, etc., "should" correct the issue.

Recap: My issue was related - but only for a network profile. I had no issues with the OOTB vanilla profile. My issue was related to the "lastproj.fil" not being edited when using a profile that pointed to a network folder for all shared config/libraries/databases/projects/etc. Several copies of that file got created as well in different places; but they never got read again, nor were edited. You only ever saw the (unedited) local user support copy.

Issue: Autodesk was able to recreate the issue. When they did - they discovered an issue with the support path to the network "AeData" folder.

- The default (vanilla) path is: "C:\Users\{user}\documents\acade 2015\"

- I had changed this to: "\\{serverUNCpath}\AutoCAD-2015\" because that was the equivelant network path to the "AeData" folder.

- Autodesk recommended I add the "Aedata" folder to the path. Apparently, (2015 version only?) AutoCAD Electrical will not find the "AeData" folder on a network path that way. Even though it is a direct equivelant to the default local path. They are looking into it as a possible 2015 bug.

WORKAROUND:

- I added this new path right after the one above: "\\{serverUNCpath}\AutoCAD-2015\aedata\"

- I did not want to edit the existing path in case that screwed up something else.

So now the "aedata" paths look like this:

\\{serverUNCpath}\AutoCAD-2015\

\\{serverUNCpath}\AutoCAD-2015\aedata\

This is done ONLY in the Options > Files tab for the network profile. Nowhere else. WD.ENV file is not involved.

Works like a champ. I can open/close/add/delete projects all day long, and they show up next time I launch the program. The correct copy of "lastproj.fil" is edited, and no other copy is created. Wheee!

Hopefully this helps someone else!

Scott G.

Message 24 of 24
zalant

Nice post, Scott. I came in here to post exactly this, but you beat me to the punch. Smiley Very Happy

Indeed, this should be a help to the others in here who were setting up shared network environments for Electrical 2015.

Zac Travis

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost