Distinguished Contributor
acade2012
Message 1 of 14 (1,034 Views)
Accepted Solution

PROJECTS IN PROJECT MANAGER

1034 Views, 13 Replies
01-04-2013 08:47 AM

Hello All,

I am having an issue with the project manager.

When ever I shut down ACADE and reopen it All the projects that were in the project manager tree are gone

I have to go back in and reopen them each time I start AUTOCAD

I am assuming that there is a setting for this but I cannot find anything.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Thanks

Dennis

Hi,

Did you try to delete the lastproj.fil in your roaming support user folder if you using Win7?

Maybe it got corrupted due to random crash or error in ACE.

Thanks.

*Expert Elite*
testsubject
Message 2 of 14 (1,029 Views)

Re: PROJECTS IN PROJECT MANAGER

01-04-2013 09:30 AM in reply to: acade2012

Dennis,

Are you using a local profiles or is your login deleted from the local computer and rebuilt in the morning everyday? If so, this might be the problem. The open Projects are stored in the following locations (this is from the Help Screen):

The Project Manager displays a list of recently opened projects so you can easily select another project to open without having to browse for it. The project list is dynamic with the last project you worked on appearing at the top of the list. The list of recent projects is saved in a text file called lastproj.fil in the user subdirectory.

Windows XP: \Documents and Settings\{username}\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical {version}\{release}\{country code}\Support\User\

Windows 7: \Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical {version}\{release}\{country code}\Support\User\

Each line in this file gives the information for one project. The last piece of data in the line identifies what the project state is when AutoCAD Electrical is started: "2"=Active, "1"=listed as Open, "0"= not listed in window but available from the Recent Projects dialog box. If you adjust this file, either manually with a text editor or programmatically (see the AutoCAD Electrical API Help), you can control which project is active when AutoCAD Electrical starts up, and which other projects are shown in the Project Manager window.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
acade2012
Message 3 of 14 (1,025 Views)

01-04-2013 10:33 AM in reply to: testsubject

This happens even if I do not shut off the computer just closing AutoCAD.

*Expert Elite*
testsubject
Message 4 of 14 (1,021 Views)

01-04-2013 11:18 AM in reply to: acade2012

Not sure what to tell you now. Maybe one of the Autocad reps can chime in.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
acade2012
Message 5 of 14 (1,018 Views)

01-04-2013 11:28 AM in reply to: acade2012

FYI

at the same time this happened I also lost the ability to right click over an electrical component and have the elecrtical edit box pop up.

I fixed that by adding a line from the WD_LOAD.LSP routine to the ACAD,LSP routine.

Not sure why that line doesnt work in the 1st routine but it works in the 2nd one.

Both routines are loaded from the startup suite.

Valued Contributor
lionSG
Message 6 of 14 (994 Views)

01-06-2013 06:40 PM in reply to: acade2012

Hi,

Did you try to delete the lastproj.fil in your roaming support user folder if you using Win7?

Maybe it got corrupted due to random crash or error in ACE.

Thanks.

acade2012
Message 7 of 14 (965 Views)

01-08-2013 10:31 AM in reply to: acade2012

Deleting it and reopening Acad E worked

Thanks for the help

baberb1984
Message 8 of 14 (330 Views)

05-21-2014 10:39 AM in reply to: acade2012

I'm having the same issue, using ACADE 2015 here.  I deleted 'LastProj.fil' and when I reopened acade, it created a blank 'LASTPROJ.FIL', but I open a project in Project Manager, it does not update the file.  Clost and reopen and project manager is empty again.  I also tried renaming the file to match the original case sensitive filename, but that doesn't work either.  

*Expert Elite*
Icemanau
Message 9 of 14 (319 Views)

05-21-2014 03:58 PM in reply to: baberb1984

Try having a dwg open when you close ACADE.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman)

scottgensemer8984
Message 10 of 14 (81 Views)

09-04-2014 01:10 PM in reply to: Icemanau

I also have this issue, but I got to it slightly differently...

I installed Acad-e 2015 fresh, and am setting up a shared network environment in preparation to do some testing. I have the OPTIONS file paths and the WD.ENV file setup to point to the network area.

Whenever I started Acad-e, the Projects listed in the Project manager ALWAYS reverted to the projects on my local drive. Even if I open up just projects stored on the network drive and close ALL local projects, the next time I start Acad-e, only the projects on the local drive are listed.

I renamed the local project folder and started up Acad-e. Blank Project list. I opened up two network projects, closed Acad-e and reopened it. Blank Project list again. I even cleared all temp files and tried again. No luck. Still blank.

I then found this post and tried ALL of the above. No joy. Even after opening up a drawing, and paging through a few pages.

There are "LASTPROJ.FIL" files in each network project I opened. I opened two projects, and the lastproj.fil files each point to the other project, and contain only that one line. The one in the user roaming folder is still blank, though. And Proj manager is blank on Acad-e starting.

Any other recommendations? This is incredibly frustrating...

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.