AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Wide.....

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
cbenner
718 Views, 5 Replies

Project Wide.....

Hi folks,

New to Acad Electrical but not AutoCad in general.  20 plus years in CAD.  using Acad E 2013 as part of Product Design Suite.  Computer specs below. 

My problem is this:  I have been working on our first project using electrical, just a few sheets with some I/O.  So far, any of the tools that give me the option for "project wide" (wire numbering, reports, audit... whatever) lock up the system completely.  I understand it may need some time, but I left it running overnight and there was no progress (this was on wire numbering).  I can do things by sheet very quickly.... but not project wide.  I know I'm probably just missing something obvious.... can anyone offer any thoughts?

AutoCAD 2013, IV 2013 Pro SP2 Tube and Pipe - Frame Generator, Vault Pro 2013 Win 7 x64, Dell precision PWS690, GeForce GTX580

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hello,  

In ACE2013, If you have 2 monitors, the first time you run the application, the Select drawing to process dialog will appear, and now if you put it in the secondary monitor. Then you run the project wide command for the second time which need the Select drawing to Process dialog to be invoked, the application will lock up. As you can’t see the Select drawing to process dialog in both 2 monitors.

If you are this case, please patch the ACE2013 SP1, as this issue is fixed in the SP1.  You can get the ACE2013 SP1 from here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=20545414&linkID=9240738    

Thanks,  

Robin Shou  

Quality Assurance  

AutoCAD Electrical  

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6

Hello, 

Thanks for the confirm for this issue. Please let us know if you still have any issues when using the AutoCAD Electrical 2013.

Thanks, 

Robin Shou 

Quality Assurance 

AutoCAD Electrical 

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 6

Hello again,

Having a new issue with "project wide" wire numbering.  The wire numbers are all coming in very tiny, bunched up together and in Model Space!  If I do them one page at a time, they come in just fine... and I can use that as a workaround, but what could be causing this?  Almost seems like a graphics issue?  Wierd.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost