AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project wide symbol attribute visibility toggle

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
ccad2509
980 Views, 8 Replies

Project wide symbol attribute visibility toggle

What I'm after is a solution to the following

I would like to search through a completed project and set a default attribute in a symbol to a defined state I,e all desc3 attributes on or off

we can do it with the IEC tags using ICE tag mode update  I just want to do the same for all the standard attributes in a symbol

any ideas on how to achieve this

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
rhesusminus
in reply to: ccad2509

As far as I know there is no standard tool within AutoCAD Electrical that will do this for you.

little something to make it a LITTLE faster manually, is to use the AEHIDEATTRIB command.

This wil make you select a bunch of inserted blocks in a drawing, and then give you a list of attributes available in these blocks. Then you can just select what attributes to hide, and press OK.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 9
jdenny

That AEHIDEATTRIB work very nicely. So.......is there an AEUNHIDEATTRIB command? (i tried that one:))

-----------------------------
Jeff Denny
Sr. Engineering Manager
Harris Corporation
Melbourne, Florida
Message 4 of 9
rhesusminus

Not in front of the computer right noe, but try AESHOWATTRIB ?
(While I continue to enjoy Sherlock S01E03 🙂 )

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 5 of 9
jdenny
in reply to: rhesusminus

Perfect. That does make things much easier.

Thanks.

-----------------------------
Jeff Denny
Sr. Engineering Manager
Harris Corporation
Melbourne, Florida
Message 6 of 9
ccad2509

The solution wont work for me as i have projects over 400 pages in size and i want to switch of certain symbol attributes so we then can then issue as biult drawings to our clients needless to say information in fields switched of is details we would prefer our end user not to know 

Message 7 of 9
rhesusminus

I guess the best solution will be for you to contact your AcadE reseller, and ask them if they can create a small add-in (AutoLISP, VBA or .NET) for AutoCAD, that can be run via command-line, like this:

Command: MYSHOWHIDEATTRIB
Block/Attribute names: BLOCKNAME;DESC1;DESC2,DESC3

Found 3 references of BLOCKNAME in drawing

Turned on DESC1

Truned off DESC2,DESC3

Then, this command could be used in a script and all drawings could be processed via Project-Wide Utilities.

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 8 of 9
philhep
in reply to: rhesusminus

Where's Nate when you need him?
Message 9 of 9
ccad2509

Yes I was hoping someone would say if you take the  "IEC tag mode update script"

file and make the following changes then you will be able to force the other symbol attributes to be visible or invisible

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost